Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

EBay replacement headlights

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by robert chilton
Just put a standard set off replacement headlights on my truck from Ebay. $100 bucks for the headlights, turn signals, and bulbs. I cant believe how much light they are putting out and I havent even adjusted them! I wish I had done it sooner. Only down side was I had to loosen the front bumper to get the old buckets out. About an hour to change them both and I was going slowww and doing some minor rust repair work at the same time.
Do you have a link to the ones you installed? I'd like to see the ones you actually installed if there was such a big difference in the output. Did they use the same 9004 bulbs or do they use different ones? Thanks!

From what I read here the SPORT upgrade can be pricy if you can even find the parts. That's why I was wondering about the eBay replacements.

No problem on the thread jacking I kinda like the eBay discussion - it's just nice if someone throws in an idea about the lights at the same time!
Old 02-07-2006, 05:02 PM

Man I just cleared out my Ebay stuff about an hour ago. Bear in mind that my headlights were junk! One had water in it and the other was really white scaled like calcium deposits on the in and outsides. These were stock replacement non sport models made by a company called eagle eyes. part numbers are
left CS060-B001L
right CS060-B001R
All I can tell you was the vendor had performance in their name and they had a ton of buy it now headlights. I just tried a quick search and had over 350 hits so I gave up. They had a cheaper set than this also but I clicked the wrong one I had book marked and ended up getting a set with those ugly blue lights. Luckily the stock 9004s come in the housing
Performance wise I gave the wife the deer in the head lights look when I said check these out and she was infront of the truck at dusk. Normally I couldnt tell if my headlights were on if the moon wasnt even out on a dark country road. Last time I drove it at night, before the new headlight buckets, I actually turned on the factory fog lights to see.
If you want I can try and post a shot of the light output in a couple days. I have the battery out fixing a little rust spot I found when switching housings. The rust converter takes 24 hours to work before painting.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:40 PM

i bought some of the clear/clear corner single 9004 and the right one puts off great light but the left one doesn't. I have tried to adjust them. I don't know if its the lights or just adjusting?
Old 02-08-2006, 03:05 AM

What about this seller? Click
Old 02-08-2006, 04:52 AM

Thats where mine came from.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:12 AM

I'm new at this, so I hope this works. found the sport headlights here cheap.
http://www.dodgepartstore.com/order/...0SIZE%20PICKUP
Old 02-08-2006, 08:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by elec tech
I'm new at this, so I hope this works. found the sport headlights here cheap.
http://www.dodgepartstore.com/order/...0SIZE%20PICKUP
That's a very good price. The sports are cheaper than the regulars on that site.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:32 PM

WOW! I like those prices!

Does anyone know if the "SPORT" lights will bolt into my non-sport 1995 without any mechanical modifications? (I know the wiring will have to be modified for the two headlight bulbs - no problem). I would buy those in a second.

One more thing - are the turn signal lights the same sport/non-sport?
Old 02-08-2006, 08:32 PM

I just received a set of sport headlights with corners and bulbs for under $160 for the pair from US Auto Parts. Haven't installed them yet but the quality looks good.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Sidewinder
WOW! I like those prices!

Does anyone know if the "SPORT" lights will bolt into my non-sport 1995 without any mechanical modifications? (I know the wiring will have to be modified for the two headlight bulbs - no problem). I would buy those in a second.

One more thing - are the turn signal lights the same sport/non-sport?
You will need to cut the inner fender steel out on your 95 to fit the sport lights. The steel behind the housing doesn't allow for 2 bulbs beside each other and needs to be trimmed.

The turn lights are clear on the sport models but have the beaded, fish-scale look on the nonsport.

That's a good price for the sport headlights, elec tech. Good enough taht I just ordered a set without corner markers (I want completely clear) and shipping was $22. I plan on putting projector beams in these lenses.

brandon.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:40 AM

While not the sport lights you guys are going with, I saw the standard replacement headlights on Ebay lastnight for $65 and change. I didnt look at the shipping rate though. I think that I am going to be happy with the stockers. One day I plan to add a winch style custom bumper to my truck. When that happens I am going to install headlight buckets so that I can run those old school glass headlights. The ones that actually put out light and a set cost less than a decent set of bulbs for our stock setup. Not to mention it would put the light down on the road where you want it. I have seen several big trucks with the headlights in the bumper. They must know something.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by 2500CTD
What about this seller? Click
those are a replacement for Sport headlight which means theres 2 bulbs.

Remember boys&gurls stock Sport headlights have 2 bulbs, 9007 driving and 9004 highbeam. Sport headlights will not fit non-sport Rams
Old 02-09-2006, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by DieselDude
those are a replacement for Sport headlight which means theres 2 bulbs.

Remember boys&gurls stock Sport headlights have 2 bulbs, 9007 driving and 9004 highbeam. Sport headlights will not fit non-sport Rams
Dude, FYI, some boys and gurls do a conversion so they can run the sport headlights (with both sets of bulbs) in their non sport trucks.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
Dude, FYI, some boys and gurls do a conversion so they can run the sport headlights (with both sets of bulbs) in their non sport trucks.

Mr...Dr Oh i know I ment if they where gonna try to fit stock Sport headlights into Non-Sport rigs
Old 02-15-2006, 04:18 PM

Got the lights from dodgepartstore - they come as whole assemblies for $69!

(there is shrink wrap on them to protect the lenses.

brnaodn.

Quick Reply: EBay replacement headlights