Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Ebay Intercooler?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ebay Intercooler?

Has anybody used one of these:

Ebay IC

Mine is on its last legs and has several small holes as well as leaks from the ends of the tubes. I've got the radiator out and I'd really hate to put it back in without replacing the IC. I was hoping to fix the IC but there's just too many leaks from the ends of the tubes to really get in there and seal it properly.

John
Old 06-18-2007, 12:14 PM

Looks like a stock replacement. Ask the seller a question and see who is the manufacturer.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:37 PM
Banned

I just put the same one on my truck. I got it from the same seller. The IC is made by performance radiator. It seemed of very good quality.
When my brother and I put it in, he counted the passes on te new IC and it had DOUBLE the passes. I cant remember off hand but I want to say it was 24-26 passes.
It is a stock replacement. I havent seen a drop in EGTs with it, but then again I havent really got on it. When I finished installing it and I do a WOT run the lower driver intercooler boot pops off, thats right around 45 pounds. It wouldnt do that with the old one!!
I just ordered the stylin motors intercooler boot package in red, so I hope this solves the problem.
I did notice the EGT gauge does rise slower and at a more even rate versus the stock one that would just shoot up there.
I think it was worth the $400, considering the next cheapest IC is DOUBLE (cooltwist).
The funny thing is I just went on citydiesel.net and looked at the cooltwist IC, and I counted the passes and it has the same number as the Ebay IC.
Also, if you look at the lower part of the page, they show the fin design, and it is identical to the Ebay IC (has the same ribbed fins).
The only difference I see is it isnt polished.
I could take some pics and post them if you want.
Let me know.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:49 PM

I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and buck up for it. Some pics of it would be great. I'd love to see some better pics than the low quality ones that are on the ebay auction. I'm not really looking for a high performance one, as long as it works as good as stock I'll be happy. It looks as though I've been living with these boost leaks for quite a while so I'm curious to see what the EGT's will do when the leaks are gone. Just a couple of questions for you, Tony. Where did it ship from? How long did it take to get to you? Where are you located? I'm probably just going to go ahead and order it tonight so I might have it in time for the weekend. The 5" exhaust arrived this afternoon so I put it on and now I'm dying to hear what this thing is gonna sound like.

John
Old 06-18-2007, 06:59 PM
Banned

I dont remember off hand where it shipped from. I want to say it was NY. It is, I just looked on the auction and it says that NY residents have to pay your tax.
I am in Chicago. It only took a couple of days to get. It was actually shipped fast.
I like it and would reccommend it. The welds were very nice. I x-ray weld and was quite happy with the quality.
I will go and get som pics.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:08 PM

Thanks Tony. I spoke to them on the phone and they said it would take about 2 days to get here so I'm going to order it up. I just need to figure out who I know in NJ that I can have it shipped to since it'll cost me and extra $28 if I ship it to my house.

John
Old 06-18-2007, 07:12 PM
Banned

Cool, Heres some pics.
Attached Thumbnails Ebay Intercooler?-7bc1e694.jpg   Ebay Intercooler?-7e18f71f.jpg   Ebay Intercooler?-9c687a16.jpg  
Old 06-18-2007, 07:13 PM
Banned

You can see the ribbed fins (kind of) on the 2nd pic.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:22 PM

everyone needs to buy an intercooler and a turbonetics turbo from here:

http://www.torque-master.com/system.php

just my opinion
Old 06-19-2007, 12:48 PM

Thanks for the shameless plug. I can't understand why a web-site that is supposed to be a "store" for a company doesn't have prices listed.

In any case, I ordered the ebay one this morning, a friend of mine at a dealer I used to work for said I could have it shipped there in his name to avoid the $28 in taxes. It should be here Thursday or Friday at the latest. I'll keep you guys posted on how smoothly the transaction goes from here, take some pics, and give my opinion of its overall quality. Plus, I'll see what happens to the boost level now that the leaks will be fixed. I was seeing about 40psi before.

John
Old 06-19-2007, 03:51 PM

A little late here, I'm sorry but I bought one of those Cool Twist coolers from Rip Rook (sourceautomotive.biz) and it dropped my overall boost by 7 psi and lowered egts 75*-100* was/is worth the $$$ in my book! Good luck to ya!!
Old 06-19-2007, 06:48 PM

Its never a good idea to buy a used intercooler if thats what is on Ebay. I never checked it out,(sorry). if the turbo blow up and pieces of the compressor wheel went into the cooler, Guess whats going to go into your engine when you put it on your ride? thats rite, all the little pieces of aluminum.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:50 PM

Nope. Brand new.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by somis13
everyone needs to buy an intercooler and a turbonetics turbo from here:

http://www.torque-master.com/system.php
just my opinion
just my opinion
Old 06-20-2007, 10:35 PM
Banned