Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Dyna Ceramic Balancing Beads?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 08:18 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used the innovative beads, 5 or 6oz. per tire, i cant remember. it doesnt work for me, they vibrate horribly, and im not sure if its because i didnt use enough weight, or if it is because i have relatively cheap tires, they are the walmart liberator tires for $100 a piece. i get a vibration at highways speeds whenever i cruise a steady speed for more than 5 seconds or so...if i nail the skinny pedal to speed up or hit the brakes to slow down the vibration stops, but the beads just dont stay balanced when cruising at a steady speed above 60. it must be the tires tho, because you can see the seams in the side of the tire where the rubber is slightly thinner

i think the beads would work better with a higher quality tire, like the BFG's im putting on soon.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by getblown5.9
I used the innovative beads, 5 or 6oz. per tire, i cant remember. it doesnt work for me, they vibrate horribly, and im not sure if its because i didnt use enough weight, or if it is because i have relatively cheap tires, they are the walmart liberator tires for $100 a piece.
I tried Liberators once .... good salesman talked about how they are made by BFG and just as good. NOT TRUE! Could never get then quite right (even on a Dodge 5.9L gasser with much lighter front end) ... put them on a trailer just to use them up.

If you had 285's, you did not use enough weight!

RJ
Old 12-22-2005, 08:28 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by RickCJ
The very best way to get your new tires balanced is to get a match mount with road force. The Hunter 9700 machine will do this and then if all your tires come out OK. Go home and install the beads into the valves yourself. You shouldn't have to touch the tires again! The weight balance will get the tires right on and the beads will keep them balanced as they wear.
The Hunter will tell you if the tire has any balance problems or heavy thick spots! You should only see a small 1-2 oz. weight on each side! I would reject any tire that is much worse than that. I just had 6 tires mounted and balanced, 5 had 25-30 lbs. road force and 2-4 ozs. to balance and the 6th had 85lbs but it only took 2 ozs. to balance. The limit for the 235 is 60 lb.road force. I sent the bad tire back!!
You will pay more up front but the results are very well worth the extra cost!!

You should watch when they do it or they will just slap the weights on and say they are good! Make sure you see the road force # for each tire.
What is road force?
Old 12-22-2005, 08:30 AM
Banned

yes, 285's

i should have known better but i was broke at the time and needed a larger aggressive tire, my father had them on 95 CTD and he had them balanced 13 times under walmarts warranty for balancing and they still started vibrating at 67mph regardless
Old 12-22-2005, 08:39 AM

I was going to get Liberators, But not now. Thanks guys, I will save up for a better quality tire.
Mike
Old 12-22-2005, 09:04 AM

i've been there myself in some skinny wallet times, but how many times do we have to prove "You get what you pay for"!!! Not always. but the majority of the time it stays pretty consistent.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:28 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Geico266
What is road force, oh great toYODA?
The Road Force is everywhere, it surrounds you with its aura. The Road Force gives you that innate sense-- that eerie foreshadowing that some moron is going to cut you off. The Road Force gives all driving meaning. Without it, hp is nothing. Without hp, the Road Force is nothing. The Road Force is the root of all vehicle-related pleasure, and and guides you in the knowledge of all road-related Truth.

But beware of the Dark Side of the Road Force. It will lure you in with its deceit. Jealousy..... Bling....Ricers.... All are the path to the Dark Side. If you find yourself attracted to wheels that stick out, spoilers made from poached whales, and "mad grafikz yo"-- then be very afraid. You are dangerously close to being overtaken by the Dark Side, forever cursed to recline your seat back so far you can't see over the dash and wear jeans that once fit John Candy. You will be doomed to listen to hip hop through a stereo that consists entirely of subwoofers.

You must study the Road Force. Only then may you master the way of Torque and free the galaxy from the Dark Side.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:50 AM
Banned

That's funny right there.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:09 PM

Poached Whales ??????
LMAO

Guess I need Yoda tires... instead of the Toyo I've been considering!

Geico - was a good question! Just got an early egg nog answer!

RJ
Old 12-22-2005, 12:20 PM
Chapter President

HOHN,

It must be REALLY cold up there.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:21 PM

speaking of egg nog...
Justin, have you checked yours? I think someone spiked it for ya!
Old 12-22-2005, 12:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
It's my last day at work until 4 Jan-- I'm feeling a little feverish.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:39 PM

SWEET! enjoy the temporary unlimited freedom!
Old 12-22-2005, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by HOHN

You must study the Road Force. Only then may you master the way of Torque and free the galaxy from the Dark Side.
Man...you been up there all alone in the wilderness too long...that was great, got a good chuckle outta that one...May the Road Force be with you!!!
Old 12-22-2005, 02:54 PM

Thumbs up

I have been using the ceramic beads for two years and they work great the deeler I bought my tires from could not get them to ballance out with lead so I tried them,way to go I thought about using antifreeze the next time because you loose the beads when you break them down.How do you know how much antifreeze to use ?

Quick Reply: Dyna Ceramic Balancing Beads?