Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Dunrite TC and VB's

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dunrite TC and VB's

So I'm still a newbie when it comes to my truck, but I am learning as I go along. I've heard that Torqe Converter and Valve Body in my '01 24VCTD would be a good upgrade when considering modifying the truck (nothing excessive just mild mods...intake, module of some sort, exhaust etc...) looking for improved fuel economy mostly and mild power gains if it along the way...the truck is a low miles (< 30K) truck with original tranny

I've heard of Goerend bros, SunCoast, HTS to name a few...how is Dunrite? How do they all compare to each other...in terms of quality, performance, longevity, durability, etc...etc... are there better options (in terms of makers) that I haven't mentioned?

Apparently Dunrite have been around for a long time and have been doing TC's and VB's for years. My application is for:

a) Daily driven truck (around town and highway)
b) reliability and hassle free operation, dependable day in and day out
c) could tow bigger loads if needed even though it most likely won't need to at least very often at all...however it's built strong and good for a wide range of usage
d) smooth shift instead of bang-bang shift
e) built solid so that as I increase the power level of the truck I won't need to worry about my converter, VB, or tranny...in other words I'd like to not have to worry about changing out tranny parts say if I add an extra 100 hp here or there, although most likely I will stay at a moderate power level due to the my usage requirements of the truck

thanks in advance for your help and advice
Old 09-11-2007, 06:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am using his stuff really like it try giving tony a call he is a great preson to talk to
Old 09-11-2007, 06:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think Dunrite (Tony) was the creator of the triple disc convertor. I could be wrong about that.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:10 PM

tony (dunrite) was one of the founders of sun coast trans . he has been in the tranny bussness along time the trans stuff from him i have seen is very good.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't heard anything bad about Dunrite. I don't think u can go wrong with a dunrite, DTT, goerand, or suncoast.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by seabee
tony (dunrite) was one of the founders of sun coast trans . he has been in the tranny bussness along time the trans stuff from him i have seen is very good.

That is correct. He has been in the trans business over 40 years and talks with some of the more "famous" names bandied about here on an intermittent basis. Usually when they have a problem they can't solve. I have sat in his office on several occasions when those conversations have occurred. Some of those same fellas learned much of what they know from Tony even though he has kept a pretty low profile.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:21 AM

That's what I heard as well about Dunrite...that Tony and those folks do a great job and really know their stuff. I didn't know that Tony was with Sun Coast and a founder their, but I have heard that the triple disk converter was a first by Dunrite.

I brought this thread up because someone (a seemingly well respected outfit called East Coast Diesel outta PA with a good reputation and also does competition trucks as well as customer trucks) told me that they only use Dunrite converters and here on the forums I'd just heard about Sun Coast, Goarends, DTT, ATS, BD, and some other folks...

Trending Topics

Old 09-12-2007, 10:23 PM

Tony has kept a pretty low profile the last several years for some reason. Not sure why.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:54 AM

I dont know who told you that about East Coast. I know of 3 trucks that have come out of there with BD converters in them. I do know one thing though, the donker knows how to build a trans.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Redliner
I dont know who told you that about East Coast. I know of 3 trucks that have come out of there with BD converters in them. I do know one thing though, the donker knows how to build a trans.
Actually you're right, don't know who the "donker" is (Ladell? maybe since he builds the trannys) ...anyways Ladell told me that he prefers Dunrite converters but he has put in other brands before...he then started to tell me about the differences in converters between all the brands and then theory on how they work and basically taking me to school on trannys, converters, and valve bodies...he is a really knowlegable and nice guy & very helpful and patient with customers like me who are say, more on the newbie end of things.