Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Duallys back to Single rear Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Duallys back to Single rear Wheels

Well, I'm thinking about restoring my 02 3/4 back to single rear wheels. I had put on an Arrowcraft kit on the rig about 2 years ago to help cope with a 10' Lance Camper. The dually conversion did wonders handling the BFC but, we now work at Death Valley National Park and I want to do some backroad exploring. Anyone have problems with dually's getting extremely sharp rocks caught between the tires and cutting the sidewalls? I have Michelin XPS Tractions mounted.
Comments or suggestions welcome.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:11 PM
Banned

first off death valley... ewwww j/k

i would agree if your not going to use the camper them loose the dual rears.
expecially when offroading. that little bit of clearance can mean more than you think. and not only will rocks get stuck between the tires. but your tires can throw that rock and at 40 mph will do alot of hurt on your fenderwell and maybe the person behind you! i saw what one rock can do to a mudflap recently!

where abouts in d.v. are you at? ill be up that way there in a few weeks for a mine trip!
Old 12-13-2006, 08:14 PM
Registered

ya ive blew a few tires before from getting rocks in the duals (in the old 80's model chevy dump truck)

if ya dont need the duals, take it back to the 3/4 SRW. and the clearance will make a difference i think if your going to go 'off roading'
Old 12-14-2006, 10:09 AM

Duallys back toSingle rear wheels

Originally Posted by H2SRDMB
first off death valley... ewwww j/k

i would agree if your not going to use the camper them loose the dual rears.
expecially when offroading. that little bit of clearance can mean more than you think. and not only will rocks get stuck between the tires. but your tires can throw that rock and at 40 mph will do alot of hurt on your fenderwell and maybe the person behind you! i saw what one rock can do to a mudflap recently!

where abouts in d.v. are you at? ill be up that way there in a few weeks for a mine trip!
We are at the Grapevine Ranger Station on the far northern end of the park. Thanks for the advice, now I just need to find a standard 8' bed.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by 1stShirtRet
We are at the Grapevine Ranger Station on the far northern end of the park. Thanks for the advice, now I just need to find a standard 8' bed.
What color bed are you looking for? Mine is for sale in the 2nd Gen classifieds.