Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Dual Disk Clutches

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dual Disk Clutches

I am needing a new clutch, pretty sure I want to go with a DD. I will probably go with a SBC but has anyone used a McLeod? They sell them at Haisley's. Am I right when I say a DD will have great holding power without extra pedal effort or grabbing, As opposed to a feramic clutch? I would like one that feels as close to stock as I can get. The truck is used for towing and you can see the mods in my sig, but I will probally go with more power in the future so I would like to do the clutch once and not need to mess with it again. I am thinking of going with the "street model". I don't plan to sled pull any, but might race a little when a stroker pulls up, but thats it. Any concerns or anything I need to know or look into with a DD clutch? Thanks
Old 02-15-2006, 10:08 AM

I can't speak of the newer "street model" DD clutches, but I know my 3600# DD from south bend has pedal pressure that's probably 2-3 times greater than stock, there's no doubt it has plenty of holding power, but the pedal pressure is more than I wanted, i complained about it alot until I discovered how awesome a tach'd out 3rd gear launch is , since the first time I tried that I've not complained about it again, they truly are a great product, just a little bit different, takes some getting used to for sure, Dusty
Old 02-15-2006, 10:15 AM

I've got an older "street" model South Bend Clutch! Drive really nice...pedal pressure is about twice stock, but you get used to it in a hurry!

If you're wanting to do boosted launches, sled pulls, or drag racing, a Street DD is not for you...meaning a Street model won't hold up to boosted launches (too many at least) or sled pulling! They also shift slower than a single, so good drag times are out too!

Call Peter @ SBC and tell him what your doing, and how far you wann go! He won't sell you something you don't need!

Chris