Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

DTT or Goerends

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 08:48 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question DTT or Goerends

Who should I go with for a built auto? I live in Southeast Alaska and nobody is just down the street, but DTT is the closest. I've seen alot of call Dave at Goerend's or call Bill at DTT give me some feedback on both can't make up my mind on who to go with. I like views on single and triple disc t/cons from both builders.

might be doing some competition in the future here's the list of bombs to come:

1) 191's

2) 370's

3) hx35/40 hybrid

I know this is a matter of opinion and I don't want to envoke a brand war but I highly value all of your opinions and experiences so tell me the pros and if any cons with both

Thanks in advance
Old 06-29-2005, 09:39 PM

My old 01 had a DTT exchange tranny in it with the 89% TC, towingVB and billet input & output shafts with all their other misc upgrades. I put 45K on it with over 450hp and 1000tq and never once had an issue with it, worked flawlessly and always brought a smile to my face. I sold the truck with 75K on it and the new owner has bumped the power up to over 520hp for another 40K and he's never had any problems with it either. Tranny has never had anything more than regular fluid and filter changes done, and he's drag raced the crap out of it, a lot more than the 30 or so times I did.

If I had the $$ I'd have DTT in my 94. It towed great, shifted firm but not jarring, and always outperformed my expectations.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:43 PM

I don't know what DTT is for customer service, but it is awful hard to beat Dave's 100'000 mile warrenty on his transmission and his lifetime warrenty on his triplelock torque converter. Could not be happier with mine! It diffently get's the power to the ground. This guy is top notch! Give Dave a call and decide for your self, if nothig else you will get a honest answer.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:02 PM
Banned

Oh yes the reason I didn't say ATS is because my brother is on his 3rd t/con and 2nd trans with the 3rd trans coming from DTT. I will NOT pay 4k for a one trans fits all I will pay 4k for a trans that is taylored to my needs and that will hold, I only want to spend it once. Saw the inside of my bro's grenaded ATS trans and didn't want that to happen to me. His ATS trans "WAS" rated max at 450 hp which he wasn't quite at when shafts started exploding when just pulling a hill at 30 mph.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:05 PM

I agree with silver01, Dave is hands down the king of customer service. This guy eats, sleeps (if he ever has time ) and breathes these transmissions. I called him the night before I came down there to let him know I would be a little late and he answered tha phone at 2 AM... he said he could concentrate better when there isn't so much comotion in the shop! I called him up a couple weeks ago when I unkowingly had a TV cable brake and he remembered me after almost a year. He took his time on a Sunday to show me how his torque converter works, and what makes them different. Ask Cowhand how he was treated with his tranny from Dave, you'll be impressed! So, who to go with? I have no expereience with DTT, aside from a phone call, but if you want a tranny that will hold all the power you can throw at it, and is backed for 100,000 miles regardless of abuse, I don't see any other person than Dave Goerend. I'll admit I am extremely biased, but that's because I'm so happy with the way my tranny shifts. Make the phone call to Dave and he won't steer you wrong...
Old 06-29-2005, 10:53 PM

do those goerends come with a billet input and intermediate? just curious because I am torn between the two also.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:11 PM

I'm done doing my research and I'll be making the trip to Iowa in week or two

Trending Topics

Old 06-30-2005, 12:40 AM
Banned

IMO, you can't go wrong with either. Flip a coin and see who wins. That's probably the easiest way to decide.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:52 AM

Originally posted by LanceD
do those goerends come with a billet input and intermediate? just curious because I am torn between the two also.
Billets are optional, IIRC it comes with new stock shafts though. I've heard stories of people drag racing and snap their stock shaft, even with Dave knowing that was the case he sent them another new shaft or rebuilt the tranny with the new shaft in it.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with above comments...can't make a mistake either way!
My DTT has taken me from my originally planned 300-350hp to over 500hp...and never so much as hiccupped once. Same expirience to cummins4life, above.
If I was doing it again I would make my decision by calling DTT and asking why not go with a triple disk; than I would call Dave G. and ask why not use a single disk.
This subject is still confusing to me....but I am sure of one thing... they have both figured out how to get the job done, very well, using their TC of choice.
I suspect the "feel" of how they drive is very different between the two but have never had the opportunity to drive a Goerend tranny...so not positive.

Full billet treatment is expensive...another $2500 +/-. No fun (and risky) Drag Racing without it...but can be hard to justify it up front, on top of cost of the tranny. I need it...wish I had it....but know I would not have spent the extra at the time. Someday!

RJ
Old 06-30-2005, 10:43 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'd also think that Suncoast trannies merit consideration in the same breath as a DTT or GB tranny.

Many of the fastest drag racing trucks are running Suncoast trannies, and they are holdin up remarkably well.

I really don't see how you could go wrong with a DTT, Suncoast, or Goerend. I'd go with whichever was lower overally cost. That said, Goerend's 100K warranty is probably worth paying a little extra for, don't you think?

jlh
Old 06-30-2005, 09:32 PM

Go with Dave he's the best. Thanks Steve B