Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

DT Products Radius Arms

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up DT Products Radius Arms

These things are BEEFY! These are long radius arms (42") that require the stock mounts be removed. I am finally getting rid of the Skyjacker 4.5" lift. The reason why I explored this option in the first place is because I haven't been able to keep an alignment under the front end for more than a couple weeks, even after replacing the ball joints and TRE's in my front end.

The brackets use (4) 1/2" bolts in the side of the frame, (3) 3/8" bolts in the underside of the frame rail, and (2) 1/2" bolts into the trans crossmember. A 5/8" bolt is used on the frame end and upper control arm mount, and the stock cam bolt is used on the lower control arm mount. Caster can be adjusted using the cam bolts or the barrel adjusters.

David Turbyfill has done some articulation tests and so far lifted the front wheel 27" off the ground before the coil bound up and the rear ran out of shock travel. They should articulate very well.

Quality is just what you'd expect from DT, excellent. Look for David to put a whole system together in the next few months, including arms, track bar, coils and shocks. I am told it will be competitively priced with the upper end Skyjacker kits. Cross over steering will also be an option at some point.

I'll post more pictures when I get them mounted up (this weekend, if it doesn't rain).

[Edited to fix images]
Old 02-17-2005, 05:26 PM
Banned

So do you have to do any hacking of the cab mounts or welding on the frame? Or is it just a straight drill and bolt operation?
Old 02-17-2005, 05:57 PM

Drill and bolt.....but I'm going to throw a couple stitch welds around the brackets.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:06 PM
Banned

The welds don't look to great on those but other than that, they look awesome. Let me know how it goes. I'm getting tired of fixing (insert word) on my truck. I paid to much money for this.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:40 PM

Originally posted by BigBlue
The welds don't look to great on those but other than that, they look awesome. Let me know how it goes. I'm getting tired of fixing (insert word) on my truck. I paid to much money for this.
Been there, that's why I'm here....

Well, they're certainly not TIG'ed, but thet actually look pretty decent. Penetration is good and the bead aspect is pretty decent for the most part. Little flat in 1 or two small spots. My dad burned rod for 25 years, and he says they're fine..
Old 02-18-2005, 12:35 AM

You gotta love that kind of beef....mmmmooo....
Old 03-28-2005, 02:05 PM

Bumpin' this back up.....front end is 98% complete now. Just need to permanently mount the reservoirs...

DT Radius Arms

Thuren track bar and cross over steering....

Rear shocks mounted.....

King 2.5" shocks/Thuren towers

Still working on getting the rear springs dialed in. With the big fat add-a-leaf, they're way too stiff. New shocks helped, but they're valved as light as I can go and it's not quite enough.

So far, the ride quality is drastically improved and the front end feels more solid than when it was new. First time in 3 years I can let go of the steering wheel at 75 MPH and it tracks straight. No bump steer, wobble, shimmy, nothing. I hit a dip on my street at 50 MPH that used to launch the truck at 30....soaked it right up. Couple more weeks and the torture testing begins....
Old 03-28-2005, 02:50 PM

Cowhand,

Does the crossover steering only work with aftermarket tires and a lift? I looked at mine and it seems there is not enough room for the mounting bolts on the spindle end to clear the stock wheel with the large amount of backspacing they have.

Additionally, it looks like the steering link (not sure proper name) that comes from the pitman arm down to the passenger side wheel would hit the coil spring or at least the mount.... at least it looks this way on my stock height 2500.

Love the setup though... bet it rides great!!

Steve
Old 03-28-2005, 03:02 PM

Don't know where the pictures are.....but they're up in my gallery.

The x-over steering clears my tires by an inch or better. The rod ends don't take up any more room than the stock TRE's. I think my wheels have a 4" backspace and my tires are wider than yours. This set up should work just fine on a stock height truck, all Don needs to fab it up is the center to center dimensions from knuckle to knuckle and knuckle to pitman arm.

The drag link, if you look at it from the top, has a "dog leg" in it to clear the sway bar mount at full lock. Nothing in the front end comes closer than 1/2" to hitting anything else, even at full lock.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:36 PM
Banned

Dang it cowhand. Now I've got something else to add to my already extensive parts list. Looks great though. I've resorted to tightening the track bar bracket up every other fill up. I really need to get that thing welded.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:02 PM

A pic for ya'... I have better ones up on my site now Conrad... Once the rear springs are dialed your rig's gonna be a monster in the rough stuff...

Old 03-28-2005, 04:13 PM

Decided the steps need to go....
Old 03-28-2005, 04:23 PM
Banned

Does dtt sell the bracket to mount the kings as well who makes the coils on your lift???
Old 03-28-2005, 04:50 PM

Thuren Fabrication did the shock towers, track bar and x-over steering. Coil Spring Specialties did the coils.

Click the link at the bottom of THURENfab's post above. Coil Spring Specialties is here....

http://www.coilsprings.com/

DT Profab did the radius arms.

http://www.dtprofab.com/
Old 03-30-2005, 01:38 PM

Any word on leafs yet Conrad? I'm curious what Deaver is going to suggest...

Quick Reply: DT Products Radius Arms