Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Drawstraw V ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vj_M
iam running 1 return and 1 suction. both returns are "T"ed together and going into the filler neck right now on 1 hose. So ur saying this is not like the liberty canister set up?
Similar, but no. We do not use filler neck returns as they do not put fuel back in the canister. This is fine for a stock truck with a stock type pump. Heavily fueled trucks will drain the bucket though.

This is the reason we set this system up this way. I am trying to get a few more Liberty modules for comparison. I have found no less than 6 variations so far.

Dave
Old 02-17-2009, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Shagginwagon
Thanks Dave,

I think I "get" it now. Now I just need to get it.
I will post a few pics in the coming days to try to clear some of it up.

Dave
Old 02-17-2009, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Brian08Q35004x4
But it does work on a 08 right?
Yep, just installed one last week. His was with the HiFlow kit and we used a FASS as well. No issues.

Dave
Old 02-17-2009, 07:07 PM

Dave, if i gave u a call tomorrow morning could u explain this to me a little better?

is there something that u guys sell that i can use then? this 1/4 $hit is for the birds.
they tryed putting a liberty canister in my truck when i got the fass installed but they told me it wouldn't fit..? i would be able to use this, no filler neck return, just 1 return into the canister and 1 out for suction. thats it! right? or should i find a canister off a 2003 2004 with out the intake pump and just use that canister?

Originally Posted by Fishin2Deep4U
Similar, but no. We do not use filler neck returns as they do not put fuel back in the canister. This is fine for a stock truck with a stock type pump. Heavily fueled trucks will drain the bucket though.

This is the reason we set this system up this way. I am trying to get a few more Liberty modules for comparison. I have found no less than 6 variations so far.

Dave
Old 02-17-2009, 09:37 PM

So, with a Raptor 100 going on a 2001 with the retrofited in-tank pump I will need the Drawstaw V?? Thanks

Shayne
Old 02-18-2009, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by vj_M
Dave, if i gave u a call tomorrow morning could u explain this to me a little better?

is there something that u guys sell that i can use then? this 1/4 $hit is for the birds.
they tryed putting a liberty canister in my truck when i got the fass installed but they told me it wouldn't fit..? i would be able to use this, no filler neck return, just 1 return into the canister and 1 out for suction. thats it! right? or should i find a canister off a 2003 2004 with out the intake pump and just use that canister?
Easiest thing is to give myself or Eric a call. The simple answer is if you have the in tank pump, the DSV will work. If you have a bypass style pump (FASS with filters or AirDog) you NEED one of the optional setups. These are all DSV's, just with a twist based on your needs.

The 1/4 tank issue is largely over rated and I have yet to see one that I could not remedy. In other words, they have all been installation related. The purpose of the DSV is to make the connection easier and therefore foolproof with regards to the installation.

Dave
Old 02-18-2009, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by HDBeauty
So, with a Raptor 100 going on a 2001 with the retrofited in-tank pump I will need the Drawstaw V?? Thanks

Shayne
Copied response from the post you started elsewhere.

If you are OK with a 3/8" draw tube, the DrawStraw V will work perfect.

If you must have a 1/2" Draw Straw then either the DSV HiFlow or the DSV Upgrade will work. Give us a call and we can explain all the options.

Dave
Old 02-18-2009, 12:52 AM

A few pics

Here's a couple of pictures to help illustrate what's going on with the module.

First, we have the DSV installed in the module in place of the factory pump. This does NOT require breaking of the module or parts just in case the owner would ever want to swap back. Please note, the green line was used for photo contrast and would not be used with the shipped product. The hose we ship is clear and is bio and veg oil compatible. The green line is not.

The second images is with an old prototype module that we used to mockup the DSV Hiflow kit. As you can see, everything mounts in the module. The DSV in the base is the same design as the first picture. However, it is 1/2" internally.

Dave
Old 09-24-2010, 05:48 PM

I realize this is an old post but this picture and the green tube is confusing me.

I’m going to install a raptor 100 and DSV to replace my in tank pump this weekend.
Two of the photos I received with the instructions that would show the installation of the long flex tube inside the fuel module are ineligible to say the least.

To my understanding of the installation instructions the long flex hose included with the DSV goes from the bottom of the fitting drilled and inserted into the top of the module straight down to the top of the DSV suction tube fitting that is inserted into the location the factory pump used to occupy.
Is that correct?

This green tube connection that is shown in this photo should not be done, and in fact the existing hose connection that occupies the location of this green tube that goes from the plastic fitting down to the factory pump should be cut off.
Is that correct?

The instructions also say it is an option to cut 2 or 3 ¼” holes in the bottom of the module.
Do you guys actually recommend doing that?

Cheers
Norton

Originally Posted by Fishin2Deep4U
Here's a couple of pictures to help illustrate what's going on with the module.

Dave

Last edited by Norton; 09-25-2010 at 12:12 AM. Reason: removed an icon
Old 09-27-2010, 02:47 PM
Banned

Location: Newman Lake, WA (But my home is deep in the heart of Texas!)
I have the DSV and Raptor 150. The DSV install is pretty easy, you just need to drop the tank. In my case the carrier bearing had to be moved as well. I went with 1/2" lines all the way to the VP. I get about 19psi at the VP and it never drops below 15 or so with this set-up. I did my entire install in a day, in the driveway, in the rain

Tom
Old 05-07-2012, 07:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just posted this in another thread, but this one is newer, so here it is again.

I recently installed the DS V in my truck and there were only two issues I encountered:
1) The factory lift pump was a Edit to get out of the bracket. (The directions said something about using the supplied "wires" to hold back the metal supports that hold the pump in place, however the "wires" were not in the kit.)
I managed to get it out using several thin screw drivers and a pair of pliers. I also removed the level sender and spring loaded upper section to make access easier.

2) The crappy spring clamps they give you for the flexible white/clear hose (that goes from the new aluminum fitting in the top to the aluminum fitting that replaces the pump) are junk. I had to remove the bed again and replace them with real hose clamps to keep from sucking air into the system.

Other then those two issues the setup was pretty slick and the quality was good.

The only other disappointment was the Raptor 100 kit came with all new 1/2" hoses/fittings, except the quick connect fitting at the fuel tank pick up is a 3/8" fitting. The DS V has both 3/8" and 1/2" fittings for this location, but it would have been nice to run full 1/2" all the way from the tank to the high pressure pump, (I already did the factory filter to high pressure pump line/fitting before this install).

On a positive side note the factory rubber plug for the vent that gets cut off fit the 3/8" factory fuel supply fitting and worked perfectly to plug it (since it isn't used anymore).