Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Drag Comp & Smarty?s

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Drag Comp & Smarty?s

I hear guys talk about Edges Drag Comp. I'm just wondering what makes it different from the regular comp box? Also what will a Smarty add for HP & TQ? I'm gonna get a bigger box/chip for my truck but I'm still debating cause I don't know enough about these 2 products. I've narrowed it down to Drag comp, Smarty or Quadzilla.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:47 PM

the drag comp doesnt defuel untill like 3200 rpm, where as the normal comp defuels at 2700...i think it is supposed to have like 20 more hp or so i have heard....from everything i have read theres no real numbers as far as what the smarty makes, everyone just says it makes a huge difference and lots of bottom end...i myself havent tried one. as far as which one you want....from everything i have read id say you should decide between and quad or comp.....then add the smarty with it...
Old 11-11-2007, 12:12 AM

Well thats an answer that'll help get me started.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:25 AM

something to consider also..im not sure if ur firmilar with the quadzilla race box betta testing going on....i just now finally got the courage to read all of the pages...and from what i can say is, wow! im glad i havent got a drag comp and smarty yet, thats what i was planning to do but i decided to wait for this and see how it turns out, and from what i have heard so far its deff what ill be getting!!
Old 11-11-2007, 01:49 AM

On a stock truck, the Smarty will add around 65hp. When I was running a HRVP and jammer2 injectors and stock turbo, I picked up 76. Luke today picked up 100 from stock to number 9 on his truck. He's run some ungodly sized DDP's, HRVP and a set of 40/3b twins.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:04 AM

Thanks guys.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:42 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think the Drag comp is a good idea if you have a 53 block. My friend never had his 53 crack until he tried turning some rpms....then it only lasted a week. I honestly feel that they only crack if you drag or tow heavy & really stress the engine.

Trending Topics

Old 11-11-2007, 12:05 PM
Banned

Don't forget about the TST Box.

Old 11-11-2007, 12:51 PM

I love my drag comp. Its like drinkin I cant stop driving WOT!!! I went from and EZ to this and will never get rid of it. The drag comp is the same as an edge w/ att just doesnt have the fancy LCD attitude screen. The edge comp box produces 120 HP. From what Ive read and been told the drag comp produces 145HP. Once I get my new tranny ordered next month I will be investing in a smarty as well.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by fordkiller43
I love my drag comp. Its like drinkin I cant stop driving WOT!!! I went from and EZ to this and will never get rid of it. The drag comp is the same as an edge w/ att just doesnt have the fancy LCD attitude screen. The edge comp box produces 120 HP. From what Ive read and been told the drag comp produces 145HP. Once I get my new tranny ordered next month I will be investing in a smarty as well.
I have the smarty + DRAG comp stack. LOVE IT. The drag will pour the smoke too if thats another factor. If your only going to get one I'd get the smarty first (i did). Just because the low end power for the smarty is incredible and the tire size adjustments, code reading/clearing, fuel saver, high idle and other modes are also pretty nice to have
Old 11-11-2007, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Awall
I have the smarty + DRAG comp stack. LOVE IT. The drag will pour the smoke too if thats another factor. If your only going to get one I'd get the smarty first (i did). Just because the low end power for the smarty is incredible and the tire size adjustments, code reading/clearing, fuel saver, high idle and other modes are also pretty nice to have
Hey man does that stack give u a huge difference in low end or or high end in our power band? or is it just all around rediculously quick!
Old 11-11-2007, 03:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smarty will not add much to a drag comp, just a little bit of torque on the bottom end due to the sooner fueling of the smarty. If paying 600 for 10 more HP at 1800 RPM and -10 to +10 HP at 2800 rpm is worth it to you, go ahead and buy a smarty.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:59 PM

LOL thanks big blue. With my setup what do you suggest. I mean its got some real nice power now but Ive been lookin at injectors. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Old 11-11-2007, 05:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You won't benefit much without more air. If you have a stock auto, you aren't getting all the power to the ground now. Better do the cheap band aid fix and get a Valve Body and Torque Converter. With those you should be good to 450Hp if you don't beat on it too much. I know that it is like 1200 bucks for those two parts but you needed them yesterday.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:12 PM

I barrowed a smarty one and I didnt like it cause I didnt see any difference other than smoke. so I'll probably go with a comp box now.

Quick Reply: Drag Comp & Smarty?s