Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Dodge black rubber mud flaps..

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dodge black rubber mud flaps..

I am going to buy a new set of mudflaps.. I did a search on here and got a few suggestions (kaydenco/northwest etc)..<br><br>But does anyone have any comments on the black rubber ones the dealer sells? These have the rams nead on them and are not the hard plastic, preformed ones..<br><br>thanks..
Old 05-14-2003, 03:30 PM

Re:Dodge black rubber mud flaps..

Mine came with the dealer installed ones on the back, then I had them install the front ones. Including labor it was $65 for the front ones. I like them just fine, and they are working well compared to before ahving them put on.
Old 05-14-2003, 03:56 PM

Thatguy,
I had the Dealer put them on before I bought the truck. I've had my truck a year now and they do keep the rocks and junk from hitting the paint. I like'em. Adios. 8)

Edited by Moderator
Old 05-14-2003, 10:53 PM

I have the Dodge ones on two of my trucks and have not broken one yet. Works good with no waving in the wind like some and keep the sides and rear quarter pannel in good shape. Save the front of my gooseneck trailer also.<br><br>I like mine.
Old 05-15-2003, 12:30 AM

www.cummins.com sells one with a Ram Head and the Blue &quot;C&quot; on it. I HAD Them on the truck, but a Curb decided it wanted them more <br><br>Merrick Cummings Jr
Old 05-15-2003, 07:45 AM

The only problem I have with the flaps is that the tailpipe is melting the right rear flap. Other than that they are good for the truck. Keeps rocks and grime off the truck.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:08 AM

I have a set on the back of my truck. They are easy to install, look great, and seem to work well. I got them from my dealer for 13.95 a pair.<br><br>Goat
Old 05-15-2003, 10:32 AM

Hey there... thanks for the feedback.. <br><br>I have seen 12&quot; x 18&quot; flaps in various auto parts stores, but they just arent long enough.. to cover the width of the 265 tires it appears that the flap needs to start at the body side molding and need to be atleast 22&quot; or more.. Are the black rubber ones that long?? I havent been by the dealer and put the flaps against the truck yet..<br><br>The dealer is quoting me like $33 for the rear flaps - they heavy duty black rubber type material (flexible material, probably 3/8&quot; thick).. are the $14 flaps the hard plastic ones or am i getting a screwing on the price? I dont see any $14 on the dodge website under accessories..<br><br>thanks
Old 05-15-2003, 11:12 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

I have the Mopar flaps (with the Rams head) front and back. Dealer installed after I took delivery. So far no problems and my truck stays a lot cleaner.
Old 05-15-2003, 01:30 PM

I added the husky flaps.. well they are solid.. so lets say guards. Got them from central 4wd. they work good still get some mud on the sides but not as bad as before. I just purchased a set from www.cummins.com <br>the black with the rams head &amp; cuminns logo on them, for a dually. I going to mount them on 1 1/2 box steel sticking out the hitch after some welding modifications. I'm planning the have a set type screw bracket so they can be removed when finished.
Old 05-15-2003, 03:16 PM

I have the black hard plastic ones that say DODGE on them. They work great and keep all the bad stuff off my white paint.
Old 05-18-2003, 12:53 AM
bpk

I just bought a set from Dodge. They are rubber and are to fit a dually. I'm taking them back. They are not long enough and are to soft. I think they will fly around alot, even with weights on them. I like the plastic flaps, but Dodge said they don't sell them anymore. I saw Geno's has the old style, but he's kind of high priced.
Old 05-18-2003, 06:15 AM

I just got 2 sets of the hard plastic ones from Dodge. They were only $13.00 a set. They fit nice but I wish they were a little wider to catch more of the dirt and road spray. Still a good deal! I just installed them sticking out as far as I could..
Old 05-18-2003, 07:11 AM

I have them on both trucks and personally I think they are great. One set has been on since 99 and they are holding up well. Geno's Garage sells them as well, the might save you a few dollars.....<br><br>Doug
Old 05-19-2003, 01:29 AM
bpk

Dodgezilla, Do you have the DC part # for the flaps you got. I'd like to call another part of the country and see if they still have them. No one in Vegas has that part number listed anymore. Thanks

Quick Reply: Dodge black rubber mud flaps..