Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Diesel TinyTach

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diesel TinyTach

Need a tach for a diesel. I thought this was knd of cool! I have never seen one before. It works off of the injector pulses on the fuel lines.

Anyone know if they are any good?

http://www.tinytach.com/tinytach/diesel.php
Old 01-14-2006, 11:41 PM

I used them alot when i raced jetski and that is the only thing i have ever seen them used for........Jamie
Old 01-15-2006, 01:44 AM

Sweet! Might have to talk my buddy into one for his 1st gen. I like a round analong tachometer much better, but that is way better than nothing, and relatively cheap.

Eric
Old 01-15-2006, 10:39 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I've had two Tinytachs on tractors that had no tach for several years now, work great.
One cabless tractor is even parked outside year round, the Tinytach exposed to the weather.
I also bought one that I use for adjusting idle speed on 12 valves, much more accurate than the dash tach.
I've recommended Tinytachs several times on these forums, good product.
The company also sells some other handy tools here http://www.tinytach.com/design/index.html including a diesel timing light that works on the same principal as the Tinytach.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:40 AM

tiny tach troubles

i have had a tiny tach on each of my ford diesels, they work OK, but they dont register fast enough to give you rpms while accelerating hard, they just skip up through the numbers. Great for cruise rpm though. Also, both of mine crapped out in about a year and a half. One is stuck at 5950 rpms and the other have nothing on the display. i think its a problem with their internal battery witch cant be replaced. Not to discourage you, they served me well because i just needed it for cruise rpm and they work great for that, BUT you do get what you pay for.

P.S. excellent customer service from that company in my experience!