Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Diesel Dynamics

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diesel Dynamics

Hello all!<br>I am a new member and have been lurking a while. Alot of helpful information on this board. <br><br>I wanted to find out what everyone's perception was of the diesel dynamics merchandise? I noticed that they just released their box for the '03 models. What are the best boxes to get?<br>Thanks,<br>
Old 02-05-2003, 07:37 PM

Re:Diesel Dynamics

I can tell Ya, Diesel Dynamics is top notch! They have the best smoke to power ratio right now but Don M is working on some that could be a bit better. Time will tell.

John
Old 02-05-2003, 08:07 PM

Hey Floorit!<br>You have to give me more info. I am a newbie and I have no idea who Don M is?? What boxes are there and how would you rate them? I bought the a-pillar gauges from them and they were very nice on the phone. They said their box would be released soon and would be around 70HP and 150TQ improvements. I want something to just plug in and don't want the multiple step units that you have all that readout stuff. Just want to plug in and leave it. What's out there?<br>Kyle
Old 02-05-2003, 08:14 PM

There are several versions of the box you want. DD is a great place, who has really been an industry leader in many ways. Bully Dog also is a great company, who has an '03 box out. Edge Products has want your looking for also. Do some research before you jump in, I know it's hard, but be patient. <br><br>Andrew
Old 02-05-2003, 08:36 PM

I got the Edge EZ for mine. Happy as a clam so far! ;D
Old 02-05-2003, 09:04 PM

I was told by Diesel Dynamics that their box would plug in different than others and would be undetectable if you unplug it and remove it prior to servicing. I think it was something like it didn't plug into the pump etc. What is the status on these boxes and whether ma mopar can detect you're running one on the '03 models?<br>Thanks!
Old 02-06-2003, 09:34 AM

Location: Drive till ya hit a Polar Bear, then go back 50 miles

There are currently 3 offerings out for the 03: Edge, Diesel Dynamics, and Bully Dog. Each box is rated for 65 - 70 ponies (the Edge box is adjustable between 40 and 70).<br><br>I'm being very cautious of these early offerings, simply because they are gaining HP by raising the fuel pressure on the rail. We got bit a couple years ago by Van Aaken boxes on Duramax diesels, as this was the tactic they used to gain horsepower. What happened to us was that the pressures were too great for the CP3 injection pump (same pump as our Dodge's use) to handle, and we were blowing out seals on the pumps.<br><br>These 70 HP options are definitely raising pressure less than the VA box did on the Chevy, however its still about a 2500 PSI increase in pressure, which brings you up to 26 - 26,500 PSI. Bosch's stated limit on the CP3 is 27,000 PSI.<br><br>Are your seals going to fail? Doubt it, but go into the purchase with both eyes wide open. Edge and TST are working on proper fueling/timing boxes right now, and each expect a release within a couple months.<br><br>Rod

Trending Topics

Old 02-06-2003, 09:57 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

KCLARK:<br><br>Welcome to the website!<br><br>I agree with what &quot;Floor It&quot; and the rest of the members<br>have already said! Diesel Dynamics make excellent<br>products! My son has their &quot;Super Mental&quot; Injectors<br>and they perform very, very well!<br><br>-------<br>John_P
Old 02-06-2003, 10:24 AM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree too. Lawrence at Diesel Dynamics has some of the greatest products on the market. He makes certain they are safe and effective for our RAMS. His extensive dyno testing and research is second to none. Literally tens of thousands of dyno runs to verify performance gains or loses. I hold his methods in very high regard.<br><br>Don~