Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Di-Pricol gauges-all lighted?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Di-Pricol gauges-all lighted?

After skimming through all 50 pages of this thread, I believe I've decided on black-faced DiPricol gauges to add to the A-pillar. It seems this is a very popular topic:-).
I have zero mechanical skills, so I'm having a local diesel mechanic install them.
I'm assuming that all Di-Pricol gauges have some sort of lighting for night time use. I can find that some are lighted, or have a lighted needle, but cannot find anywhere that says ALL DiPricol are. Can someone enlighten me?

For the mechanic to install, I'm ordering the 0-60 Boost, 0-1600 Pyro, and 0-30 Fuel Pressure (without isolator) gauges and the A-pillar mount, along with paint to match the interior.
Is there a kit offered somewhere online that includes everything that I need for this install?

If a complete install kit is not available, what other supplies do I need to order? On the 2001, is there a banjo bolt that I can tap into on the bottom of the filter or do I need to also order one of these (from where?)? Can I source the needle valve from NAPA?
From the posts, most people do not use braided hose; what types of hose can I get at NAPA, and how much do I need of each type for these three gauges?

I'm trying to get everything together so the mechanic doesn't have to waste time (and my $) looking around for parts.
Thanks,
Monte
Old 03-21-2005, 09:39 PM

You will usually get all the wiring and stuff with your gages. If not you need a spool (10 feet) of red, black, and I also used orange. I used 16 ga wire, and crimp connects, couple of spade terminals for the backside of the gauges. One thing I did do was to wire the lead for the pyro needle to 12V keyed. If you wire it to dimmer, The power doesn't seem enough for the LED needle.

I did the tranny temp, so I can't help ya on that. Yes they are all lit, and work well. My fuel gauge is going in next week, on the steering column, in a single pod mount.

Hope that helps. There is a picture of them in my gallery also.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:43 PM

Thanks, Gary. Your gauges look very nice.
Monte
Old 03-22-2005, 07:45 AM
Banned

montemorris,

Double check with the vendor you buy from to make sure you get all you need.

We have a wiring harness that is a real time saver, it is loomed and includes the connections for all the lighting, sensors and such as wella s a goodie bag of connectors, shrink tube, taps etc etc to make the job pretty much a breeze.

Mark @ DPPI