Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Dealer sold with BOMBS...

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 06:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there should be two plugs. one plugs into the map sensor and the other into the data link. There should also be a wire that pierces a wire in the injection pump area.

the reason to worry about the clutch is because a stock clutch won't hold the power produced by that box on the upper end(which is only achievable if the pump wire is tapped). You may be lucky and the previous owner didn't 'tap' the wire.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:31 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look on the bright side... If you have the race pro and the pump wire is tapped, maybe you also have a performance clutch too.

Another thing to concider.

Most guys who read this forum. Digest what they have read, assess the risks involved. Then they B.o.m.b.!

You just saved a bunch of time... Enjoy your truck and worry about other stuff.... like what injectors are you going to run? EDM or Extrude hone??
Old 10-14-2004, 08:55 AM

Do you know a good lawyer? Take dated witnessed photos NOW!! Get statement from dealer as to truck condition when purchased NOW!! If he can void warranty he will in a heart beat!
Old 10-14-2004, 12:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by CarlJensen
Do you know a good lawyer? Take dated witnessed photos NOW!! Get statement from dealer as to truck condition when purchased NOW!! If he can void warranty he will in a heart beat!

Hmmm... Didn't think about photos. That is more or less what I was planning on doing was to get something signed from him, or at least have a witness present when I discuss the issue with him. I just think that it is nuts that these things void the warranty, then he tells me that it has a warranty as he sold it. Somebody on that lot had to know what that box was. I just want to cover my rear in the long run...

Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:29 PM

I think you are just worrying too much! Just make a relationship with the dealer and talk to the general manager now before it is too late...
Old 10-14-2004, 12:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree w/ above and Katoom. Talk to service mgr and dealership owner (G.M.'s change all the time). Also document add-ons as bought and send a registered letter explaining this and fact that big part of your decision was warranty! If he won't agree to warranty, as is, and in writting, for 100,000 miles, tell him to take it back...you were lied to.
I would expect negotiations would follow from there.
Good Luck.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by rjohnson
I agree w/ above and Katoom. Talk to service mgr and dealership owner (G.M.'s change all the time). Also document add-ons as bought and send a registered letter explaining this and fact that big part of your decision was warranty! If he won't agree to warranty, as is, and in writting, for 100,000 miles, tell him to take it back...you were lied to.
I would expect negotiations would follow from there.
Good Luck.

That is basically what I was hoping for.

One caviat though, I may be moving to the Los Angeles area in a couple of months, so whatever relationship I develop with the dealer here will be lost when I go there....

Thanks for all of your suggestions.... Now it is off to autozone for a fuel pressure gauge so I can do a quick test and make sure I do not have a vp44 fixing to croak.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:35 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I would take the truck back and if they don't want to honor the warranty in writing mods included ask that they refund you the cost of the warranty. This way you keep your modified truck and have the money to take the truck to a non-dealer mechanic if something goes wrong. You have better luck finding qualified mechanics the further you get from the dealer.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:11 PM

Received 142 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally posted by raven564
That is basically what I was hoping for.

One caviat though, I may be moving to the Los Angeles area in a couple of months, so whatever relationship I develop with the dealer here will be lost when I go there....
This may cause a problem. Believe what I said earlier, there IS dealers out there that do sell and install mods without affecting warrantys. You just have to find them and it looks like you already did! Now you're about to move away with a truck that they find nothing wrong with but most likely any other dealer you come in contact with will. You might want to do what I said, call the aftermarket company that the mod is on your truck and ask them if there is any dealers in the area that your going to move to that sells or installs these. Dont just sit and worry about it, do something before its to late!