Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

DDP vs F1 Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 10:41 AM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have DDP3's in my 12V. They are lopey at low Rpm tugs off the line, but they smoke way less than my 215's did at cold idle, startup and low level runs around town. I really like them. I considered the 370s, but the reports are always idle haze, stumble at 1500 rpm, loads of smoke so I waited.. If the average joe were to drive the truck without WOT blasts, you would never know it had DDP3's in it. Runs really strong and smooth. They will black out the sun on a good rip, but if you drive decently you can keep up to traffic with just light throttle.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really want a set of Don's 12v injectors...but he told me I wouldn't like them for my driving style. Said they need a BIG pump to push the fuel to them...and I'm not ready to drop $4K on a pump just to try some injectors. I'm sure they're good...but I'm not that wild for power...yet!

The DDP4's I run have really impressed me for 12v injectors...beats the heck out of my old 370's. BUT, Brandon's (Joefarmer) HotRod 370's run just as good, if not better, and are just as clean on boost!

Now if I could only make enough power to see what they really do!
Chris
Old 09-13-2007, 10:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by signature600
I really want a set of Don's 12v injectors...but he told me I wouldn't like them for my driving style. Said they need a BIG pump to push the fuel to them...and I'm not ready to drop $4K on a pump just to try some injectors. I'm sure they're good...but I'm not that wild for power...yet!

The DDP4's I run have really impressed me for 12v injectors...beats the heck out of my old 370's. BUT, Brandon's (Joefarmer) HotRod 370's run just as good, if not better, and are just as clean on boost!

Now if I could only make enough power to see what they really do!
Chris
I thought you had a worked over pump by Jeff Garmon? I REALLY want to put a good turbo on mine and see what it will put down, these injectors like timing; the more the merrier lol.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Muddin_dude06
I thought you had a worked over pump by Jeff Garmon? I REALLY want to put a good turbo on mine and see what it will put down, these injectors like timing; the more the merrier lol.
Yep...combo in my sig made 378hp with Garmon's pump It's going back down there for him to try again.

Chris
Old 09-13-2007, 12:08 PM
Banned

That is really wierd that you made 378 with DDP4's and a worked over pump... I would expect much more, like 450+ atleast...
Old 09-13-2007, 12:57 PM

Thanks for the 12V bumps. Gives me something to think about. I put a set of 5K GS's in last night with a different plate and have a pull this Friday so we'll see how it goes. I really need to get this dyno'd to know where I'm at and where I want to go. Ah, the never ending quest for HP and torque.

Paul
Old 09-13-2007, 01:54 PM

That is really wierd that you made 378 with DDP4's and a worked over pump... I would expect much more, like 450+ atleast...
You're not the only one...450+ would tickle me like having a feather stuck up my But most experienced people said I should be over 500-525hp with this setup...air should be the limiting factor, and I'm cleaning up the smoke

Chris
Old 09-13-2007, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by signature600
You're not the only one...450+ would tickle me like having a feather stuck up my But most experienced people said I should be over 500-525hp with this setup...air should be the limiting factor, and I'm cleaning up the smoke

Chris
What was suppose to be done with the pump?
Old 09-13-2007, 02:43 PM
Banned

I have seen Dyno numbers vary 150 HP because of pump tweaks... No way to compare setups, because most people have no clue about pump tuning and buy the stuff that the E-Tuners tell them is the best.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by timbeaux38
I have seen Dyno numbers vary 150 HP because of pump tweaks... No way to compare setups, because most people have no clue about pump tuning and buy the stuff that the E-Tuners tell them is the best.

Chris:

Something doesn't seem right. In this case I would have to say that Jeff Garmon DOES know something about tuning pumps. I've been chasing one of his pumps on a 96 this year pulling and haven't caught it yet. Let us know what he finds when you get it back. Hopefully something simple.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by dzlfarmboy
What was suppose to be done with the pump?
I told him I wanted 700hp, 12.0 seconds, and little smoke once the boost hits...He said no problem.

Originally Posted by timbeaux38
Exactly, I'm not upset...although I am a bit disappointed in the performance and lack of driveability.

Originally Posted by Paul Winey
Chris:

Something doesn't seem right. In this case I would have to say that Jeff Garmon DOES know something about tuning pumps. I've been chasing one of his pumps on a 96 this year pulling and haven't caught it yet. Let us know what he finds when you get it back. Hopefully something simple.
I'm sure he'll get it fixed...but I just haven't had the time to yank it off and send it back down to him. I talked to him at TS and Indy, and he gave me a few things to try...but nothing seemed to help.

We'll see what happens
Chris
Old 09-13-2007, 03:47 PM

Chris.
Don't need to spend $4k on a 913 or 887 pump to make modest power. I bought a new 887 pump last year from an out of business Bosch dealer(still new in box for $1400) and sent it to Ponci's for some minor tweaking. 3k kit, rotate barrels and balance, home made 100 plate. Cost was around 500 for the work and parts. I made 678 with Mach 7's and 739 with some II injectors diesel only. If you were trying for big power it could get expensive, but I think 800 is quite doable with just tuning .

Ron
Old 09-13-2007, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by RonA
Chris.
Don't need to spend $4k on a 913 or 887 pump to make modest power. I bought a new 887 pump last year from an out of business Bosch dealer(still new in box for $1400) and sent it to Ponci's for some minor tweaking. 3k kit, rotate barrels and balance, home made 100 plate. Cost was around 500 for the work and parts. I made 678 with Mach 7's and 739 with some II injectors diesel only. If you were trying for big power it could get expensive, but I think 800 is quite doable with just tuning .

Ron
I know...I haven't spent $4K. What Don told me about the Mach 4's for a 12v is that they like lots of injection pressure, ie 13mm pump. Usually, by the time you get one of those, you're looking between $3-4K from what I've been quoted. If I was shooting for over 850-900hp, that's the way I'd go. I'm shooting for 700-750+/- so the 12mm 913 I have should do it!

Chris
Old 09-13-2007, 08:28 PM

hey what is up with guys saying they have mach 4.5's or mach 6.5's is that an upgraded 4 and 6 injector ? just currious b/c i am in the market for som big stix and am thinking bout don m's
Old 09-13-2007, 08:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Paul Winey
I'd like to see some comments from the 12V crowd running some F1's or DDP's. I see F1 has a "Hotrod 370" that can be tailored to fit. Anyone running these?

Muddin Dude - where did you get your 5 X 0.017's from?

Paul
Hey Paul
I run a set of Dons HR370s and I can tell you they are nothing like the regular stock marine injectors, these things can put out the fuel and are way cleaner. Harry from Peak Diesel Performance has a sister truck to mine with the exception of the PDR cam in his verses my Helix and he runs a set of Lennys 4s. We both run custom cut Piers plates in 215 pumps with the same DVs and the same PDR tow twins. In a side by side race my truck is way cleaner but Harrys is about 100-150 degrees cooler? We had plans on doing a swap last week to see what differences we would noticed but my HG had other plans so the comparison wont take place for another month or so. I hope to be up and running again by next week and after a few re-torques will be back to the comparison. Feel free to PM me in a month or so and I will be able to give you a true hands on comparison. So far though they both seem to be a good injector.
Forgot to mention Don told me the Mach 4 12V injector = big bottle only
Not sutable for street use.

Quick Reply: DDP vs F1 Injectors