Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

DDP vs F1 Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DDP vs F1 Injectors

Which injectors are better? I'm looking at the mach fours or the 150hp ddp sticks.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:24 AM

F1 all the way... Truly impressed with my 6.5s
Old 09-12-2007, 11:38 AM

edge jammers tips all the way!! just kidding i am just jumpin on board to watch this one...
Old 09-12-2007, 11:55 AM
Banned

I would recommend this thread being closed, this one can get as heated as tranny wars...
Old 09-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by getblown5.9
I would recommend this thread being closed, this one can get as heated as tranny wars...
I have to agree with him, IMO whichever fits your budget the best is the injector to go with. You can also look at Industrial Injection...
Old 09-12-2007, 04:57 PM

aren't they about the same price
Old 09-12-2007, 05:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by getblown5.9
But the injectors I got are the only ones worth buying, all the others are total garbage!

Injectors are like transmissions, once you are getting the good ones (F1/DDP/II) you will most likely be happy with your choice. Just like the guys warring over DTT/Groends/Etc... Most only have experience with the ones they choose and are happy with the choice they made. There isn't necessarialy a better one, just one that some prefer.

Trending Topics

Old 09-12-2007, 05:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Try PMing people who have them in their sigs-- then you can get the input on the injectors that you need without all the urinary olympics associated with certain topics (i.e. transmissions).
Old 09-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HOHN
Try PMing people who have them in their sigs-- then you can get the input on the injectors that you need without all the urinary olympics associated with certain topics (i.e. transmissions).

Thats a good quote Hohn...
Old 09-12-2007, 06:33 PM

F1 all the way.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:24 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man, this thread hasn't even gotten started and already calls for it to be closed? I think everyone here has learned from the wars of the past not to go there.

To ask which injector is best is really subjective at best.

Why not ask "What do you like best about the particular injector you run?

Why did you go with injector A over injector B, C or D?

Why not run a search on the particular injector you're curious about? Lord knows we've talked about them on this board.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:15 PM

I'll play... My Mach 6.5s have much better idle manners, run cleaner (less smoke), run cooler, and got rid of my AC cycle lope that I had from a set of DDP3s, Jammer 3 nozzles, and Jammer 5s (complete)... If I had to do it all over again I would have coughed up the money for a quality injector the first time...
Old 09-12-2007, 09:31 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I can start with why I chose my M4s.

I wanted a bigger injector that was closer to maxing out what my HO pump could do. I also wanted something that was capable of 500hp, which is my goal for the truck (5 years and I'm 70% of the way there, lol!).

At the time, Don M's injectors had a reputation as being the cleanest you could buy in terms of smoke for a given HP. Clean is VERY important to me, as I didn't want to endanger the utility of the truck, and I personally think it is the most significant indicator of good injector design. I personally beieve in "if it's smoke, it's broke"-- if that makes sense.

I didn't want to have to upgrade to a larger set of injectors later. I wanted something that would be manageable in daily driving, and still towable under limited circumstances. I also wanted to have good cold starting.

Don responded to my PMs (to tell you how long ago this was) and assured me that the M4s were not too big to do what I was looking for. But that alone wasn't good enough for me.

What sealed the deal for me was installing a set of Don's injectors in a friend's almost identical truck (02 HO 6-speed). These were Mach 1s, rated at 65hp. A the time, I was running a DD2 honed injector rated at 90hp in the HO (75 in a SO truck). The M1s in my friend's truck were a little stronger than my (bigger) injectors, and the smoke was TONS less.

This is for me what sealed the deal. I saved and saved, then ordered my M4s from Bob Wagner. After waiting a few weeks (which seemed like years) they arrived.

After I installed them, I was floored. I could drive smokelessly without much effort at all. I could fog out an intersection if I wanted. They pulled and pulled with seamless, endless power. EGTs were warm, but completely manageable with a stock turbo in thin Wyoming air.

I was, and still am ecstatically pleased with my Mach 4s. My Dad reports from ND that they started in -24 ambient temps with no drama.

Justin
Old 09-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Banned

I award Justin the Gold!

Great posts guys. And great questions Mike.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:06 PM

I'll agree completely with HOHNs post... I contacted Don and asked him about my concerns, much similar to HOHNs requests... wanted something that I could drive with little to no smoke driving around town, and something that I could pull well above gross weight at 110* outside!

While most would say that a 6.5 is way to big for those things, the combination of another redesign by F1 and my twins I have everything and more that I sought out for... I've pulled around a 20-22k load of hay about 90miles a couple weeks ago and had ZERO EGT issues... Ran with the Smarty on 5 and the TST off... Didn't even need an EGT gauge for the trip.. Was very happy... I actually kept my smaller Jammers until after that trip to make sure that the M6.5s were daily drivable and workable for me... No Jammers in my possession any more

Quick Reply: DDP vs F1 Injectors