Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

DD2's or EDM's?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DD2's or EDM's?

Is anyone running the dd2 extrude honed injectors?I am wanting to upgrade and don't know if I should go with edm's or ex-hond injectors.I would like to make a little smoke when wanted.I hear the edm's are great but they are kinda high $ for me.And I hear they smoke less.But if I did I would probaly go mach 1.5 or 2.Are the extrude honed ones going to make my truck idle rough?I don't have a box yet so I guess I will need a boost fooler,right?And I tow a good bit but not real heavy,will these work on a stock turbo?Suggestions would be great.Thanks guys
Old 03-19-2005, 10:17 PM

I am running mach 3 EDMS with my set up and with the box on they put out a good bit of smoke. With the box off they still smoke a bit and haze at any speed. Result I like them a lot.
Old 03-19-2005, 10:41 PM

i'm running the mach 1.5's and the comp box and she'll smoke on comand. it's a beautiful thing. but the mach 2's or 3's should be even better.
Old 03-19-2005, 10:43 PM

diesel_burner,
How is your clutch holding up to the mach 1.5's and the comp?

~Rob
Old 03-19-2005, 10:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: DD2's or EDM's?

Originally posted by caleb c.
Is anyone running the dd2 extrude honed injectors?I am wanting to upgrade and don't know if I should go with edm's or ex-hond injectors.I would like to make a little smoke when wanted.I hear the edm's are great but they are kinda high $ for me.And I hear they smoke less.But if I did I would probaly go mach 1.5 or 2.Are the extrude honed ones going to make my truck idle rough?I don't have a box yet so I guess I will need a boost fooler,right?And I tow a good bit but not real heavy,will these work on a stock turbo?Suggestions would be great.Thanks guys
See sig. I am not sure about no smoke, because I leave the Comp on 1 x 5 almost all of the time. It will smoke prtty well. I did get brave a couple of weeks ago and tried 5 x 5. I did not notice any clutch slip as that was what I was really concerned about. But, it smoked real nice. I have not tried the EDM's so I can not compare the two. I have no complaints on the DD2's. They have given me good power and no troubles. Good luck on whatever you decide.
Old 03-19-2005, 10:58 PM

my clutch at frist was fine on 5x5 but after showing the buddy how well it smoke both black and white (tires) it has taken it's toll. but i drive around on 3x3, it seems to be the best, the first 4 gears are fine but depending how much i get on it the clutch will slip a little. it feels like a little shutter. but on 5x5 it'll go good thru 1,2,3 and right about 4th it'll slip then catch. but new clutch will be in after i get back from making 2 months tax free.
Old 03-19-2005, 11:55 PM

mach twos here and i love them. A slight haze at idle though. But its all part of the show folks.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:33 AM

Caleb,

honed injectors will idle and run smooth. I just replaced the stage II honed injectors in mine with stage 4 jammer edm's. I am running a boost fooler only, no box.

The honed injectors smoked a bit at low throttle in most situations. The much larger edm's smoke less at partial throttle than my old II's AND have tons more "non smoke" drivable horspower. But the edm's can lay a huge cloud if I press the skinny pedal off boost.

All in all, they drive MUCH better than honed injectors and if you can swing it I woud get the EDM's, you will not be unhappy! I love the injector and boost fooler combo and have no plans of a box right now.

I have heard Don's injectors are great and I rode in a truck with mach 3s and mach 4s and they are simply amazing. The mach 4s were a replacement to my buddies mach 3s (he wanted more power) and they actually smoked less than his 3s and made more power!

Thanks,
Jason