Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

DD Ultimate Fueling Module

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 04:24 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Re:DD Ultimate Fueling Module

Jokingly myself and someone else in the dieel business would make comments on how we will 'draw' the graphs for a given product and then discuss what color of marker to use.

It was more of a humorous discussion on that idea that a dyno is nice for a baseline as long as the same dyno is/was used for the same tests. However, after being a dyno queen, the real world could and would display totally different characteristics and power compared to a dyno run.

Each has a place for testing and proving.

People like to see the numbers.

What I disagree with is the INSANE numbers of torque vs HP and even exaggerated HP numbers I have seen on some dynos.

One particular dyno in Calgary gives us all at least an additional 20% more power on a stock truck. What good is that? Maybe the end user thinks they are getting more then they thought and are misled by the bigger numbers but in the long run...it ain't real power or numbers like that.

I would still be surprised if I actually netted 388 HP with an 04' with just the Edge box. And of course 1098 lb ft of torque too. I feel those numbers are definately skewed.

Seat o' pants tells me different.

What was the topic/question again?

Old 11-05-2003, 04:33 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The part that sux about that very dyno is that everyone leaves the shop thinking they can pull down the empire state building without any real knowledge on how to apply the modifications they have or what dangers they are getting into..

Dynos suck IMHO... Who drives on a dyno to work or on the track for that matter? They don't dyno Racecars to determine who wins.. :

And what was the subject?? I think I am in the wrong forum..

J-eh
Old 11-06-2003, 03:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rod,
Thanks for the information.
The more info people get on these products the better.

Yes thats what I was looking for.

--Justin
Old 11-07-2003, 03:59 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Rod, that's really good info. I had a long talk with the guys at TST and they explained to me a little how the box works, and WHY you see the results you see.
They also said that while the PMAX will make less power on an eth vs etc, the torque will still be there.

Maybe my hangup on the TSTs doing so much off the pump wire is worth reconsidering.

Case in point-- A few years ago, there was a company that started making electronic ignition systems for gas engines. This was Jacobs electronics. The used the spark plug as a sensor, measuring arc resistance, current across the gap, etc. The garnered a LOT of information off the spark plug because the electronics they used were so sophisticated.

I installed a Jacobs ignition system on my old mopar. Results- big increases in BOTH sop performance and calculated mileage. The system was as sophisticated as one that uses a slew of sensors, but it did it all off the spark plug.

So if I get a set of Mach 4s (so I can spool a turbo quickly) and a SuperKwik B1B, you are saying that the TST competition will give MAD performance?? Hehehe.. now THAT'S an idea with merit!!!

The other Justin
Old 11-07-2003, 11:18 PM

Location: Drive till ya hit a Polar Bear, then go back 50 miles
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote author=HOHN link=board=7;threadid=21674;start=15#msg207110 date=1068242396]
So if I get a set of Mach 4s (so I can spool a turbo quickly) and a SuperKwik B1B, you are saying that the TST competition will give MAD performance?? Hehehe.. now THAT'S an idea with merit!!!
[/quote]

Well it'll give you unreal performance until you burn the truck up The KSB1B just doesn't have the legs (turbine side is too tight) for a Mach 4 injector, however we're playing with some KSB1s on Mach 3 and 4 equipped trucks, just to see what we get in concert with the PM3 Comps. The Mach 3 equipped trucks are very well balanced, with good EGT control, while the Mach 4's are a little warm for a KSB1, but we're working with some other external wastes that we hope will help.

As the other Justin has alluded to, its all about balance and tuning. There are a variety of parts, and many work very well together. We've found on our trucks that the Mach injectors, B1s, and PM3s work extremely well together on the street, strip, and track. The Powermax especially loves big injectors and the quickest spoolup you can muster ;D

Rod