Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

DD Jammer IIIs

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 01:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DD Jammer IIIs

Looking for any input about Jammer III. I currently run DDIIs, and would like a little more power with out tapping the wire. Also want to keep temps in order. My truck is an 01,dtt 89 complete, comp(not tapped) PDR35, DDII. Thanks for your help.
jack
Old 01-13-2005, 12:51 AM

TTT Surely some one must have some input on DD Jammer III Injectors!
Come on you guys.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't directly answer your question, but will keek it active.
I tried 275's then DD 2's the some bigger and now have Don M's Mach 2.0's.
The current ones are without a doubt the cleanest/powerful. More power that DD 2's and smokes like the 275's.
If you refuse to tap the bigger injector is the right way to go. Or possible the Catcher.
Remember you need to change turbo's as injectors get things hotter.
Your 35, what exhaust housing is on it?
Old 01-13-2005, 06:54 AM

Do a search on the Jammers. They aren't well thought of to summarize mildly. Stick with the Mach series injectors. I had a set in my 99 and was impressed.

Matt
Old 01-13-2005, 08:19 AM

Jack

Flow tests on Jammers have exposed poorly matched sets...which will produce high EGT's and poor power.
I would stick with Formula 1 injectors from Don M. F-1 is only mfg I know of with their own flow testing equipment and I have been told all sets are tested before they are sent out.

I got more power and less smoke with my Mach 2's over DD 3.0's

You will need more air.

RJ
Old 01-13-2005, 02:52 PM
Muted User

I've done some of the flow tests on jammer injectors, and yes there quality control isn't the best. I built a new set for my truck where i flow matched them all myself and set the pop off pressures the same and have been pretty happy with the results. No rough idling like my first set and gained 30RWHP on the dyno going to a couple more LPM flow. PM me for info on how to get a flow matched set. The price is half what Mach injectors are, and if you get a nice flow-matched and properly built set you will like the performance for the money. I have not ran mach injectors but i'm sure they are very high quality. But for the money jammer injectors are a good value. (Of course the price depends on who you buy them from)
Old 01-13-2005, 07:37 PM

I swapped out 275's for jammer 3's. All I can say is WOW. They do idle rough but they run strong.

Mooseman
Old 01-14-2005, 12:31 PM

If you can be sure of what your getting, and have the equipment to make it right, I'm sure you can save money and be happy with the results. Most of us can't do that. kdawg sounds like he solved the problems I had heard of.

I had reports I trust of flow tests on Jammers that differed 5-7.5 liters per minute, between injectors WITHIN the same shipped box. This was enough to scare me away. By contrast, F-1 injectors are way under 1 lpm variation; not to mention other considerations like spray angles, amomization, etc.
I'm not expert enough to experiment, so I was willing to wait till I could pay for top quality.

JMO.

RJ
Old 01-14-2005, 12:39 PM

Originally posted by rjohnson
If you can be sure of what your getting, and have the equipment to make it right, I'm sure you can save money and be happy with the results. Most of us can't do that. kdawg sounds like he solved the problems I had heard of.

I had reports I trust of flow tests on Jammers that differed 5-7.5 liters per minute, between injectors WITHIN the same shipped box. This was enough to scare me away. By contrast, F-1 injectors are under 3/10 lpm variation; not to mention other considerations like spray angles, event durations, etc.
I'm not expert enough to experiment, so I was willing to wait till I could pay for top quality.

JMO.

RJ
In a thread about a month ago.

Mr. Don M himslef said flow rates have little to do with HP levels. He has "three different sets that vary as much as 80HP..."

Makes you wonder why the early Jammers have a rough idle then???????

"On the injector comment, I can tell you that flow rate has little to do with power. I can have 3 nozzles all with the same flow rate all make different HP. Some as far apart as 80 HP even though they hydraulically flow the same. " ( 12-03-2004 05:45 PM )

Don M
DTR Advertiser

Justin-
Old 01-16-2005, 10:01 AM

Justin

Different sets with same flow can vary in HP due to other factors.
But, it IS important that, within any given set of six injectors, that they all flow the same! Agree?

RJ
Old 01-17-2005, 09:19 AM

I agree to the "all flow the same in any given set of six."

But, I think flow rates and injector spray paterns along with number of holes go hand in hand with the amount of fuel they put out and HP made.

More fuel = HP! Agree?

Justin-