Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

dave or DTT

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 10:39 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I KNOW y'all don't want me to get involved in this thread.

Chris

(I got nuthin against Dave. )
Old 11-20-2005, 01:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stamey
I KNOW y'all don't want me to get involved in this thread.

Chris

(I got nuthin against Dave. )

oh i would like to hear what you have to say please all input is noted thanks
Old 11-20-2005, 08:39 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by texas
oh i would like to hear what you have to say please all input is noted thanks
I like DTT. I got nothing against Dave and have not heard anything bad about them. My post was more for some of the other guys on DTR, who know about me and my tranny woes with another tranny company. You'll have a hint if you look at my sig. What I have to say on the subject does not get posted in public forums, not because I have a lot of four-letter words, but out of respect for this site.
As far as comparing them, when I was looking for a tranny, I heard that Goerend was not as good as DTT for those of us North of 500hp. I do not know if this still holds true for Goerend. I'd suggest you see if you can find some guys running in the HP range you are shooting for and see what they have to say about their Goerend tranny.

Chris
Old 11-20-2005, 10:41 AM

I agree, if you are looking for maximum performance and power transfer of 500+ HP then I think DTT is the clear choice. If you are looking for a tranny that will reliably hold 350-400 or so HP and are not concerned with possibly not getting the absolute maximum potential out of your tranny I think Dave offers a great product.

For me personally DTT is a clear choice
Old 11-20-2005, 10:59 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MnTom
Your best bet for the info is to take some time and call each one and discuss your options. Be prepared to spend some time with each one and then you will have the info you want. You may want to think of a list of questions and the write them down so you ask the same questions. As you are talking to each one note the answers and after you are done on the phone you wil have something to base your judgement on.
Tom
I think this is the best advice I have ever seen posted on any of the forums. Thank you Tom
Old 11-20-2005, 12:06 PM

thanks for all the replys guys
Old 11-20-2005, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Rhino
I agree, if you are looking for maximum performance and power transfer of 500+ HP then I think DTT is the clear choice. If you are looking for a tranny that will reliably hold 350-400 or so HP and are not concerned with possibly not getting the absolute maximum potential out of your tranny I think Dave offers a great product.

For me personally DTT is a clear choice

If you do your homework, and have an idea how an auto trans works, you can easily see the differance! They are all better than stock but only 1 is the best!
Old 11-20-2005, 02:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Also I have not heard one bad thing about GB. But I run a lot of power and DTT was my pic. Heck, they shipped all the parts I needed to Germany via UPS 2 day air. Great product and great customer service.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:44 PM

Choices

Don't know nothing about DTT, other than what I've read. Sounds good. When my newly rebuilt 47RE (Dodge dealer) still wouldn't hold the measly 65 hp my Banks "Git Kit" added to my truck, I started reading and calling. Two
companies responded to over a dozen e-mails I sent: Dave was the one I
chose. When I asked him Where we could stay in St.Josephs, IA he told me
the town was so small, he bought a HOUSE next to the shop to serve his
customers!!! We drove up on a Sunday from the Ozarks, Monday by 1:00 pm
he and I were test driving the new TC and VB he installed. WE left town about
4:30 pm and got 22.5 mpg on the trip back.

By the way, he loaned us his own Suburban to go sight seeing all the way over to Wisconsin while they did the upgrades.!!! This young man is first rate and I would recommend him on character alone.

'Just my little bit, after 60 years of living and near 40 years of judging folks character in the credit bidness.