Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

D25 coil ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D25 coil ?

i am installing the d25's with new shocks and a add a leaf for the rear will i need to get an allignment 44,000 miles nothing loose (yet)
Old 04-01-2005, 12:46 AM
Banned

Might change your caster a little, slightly altering your axle geometry. Say this line is your stock axle/spring set up (-) the left side of the line being your pinion side and the right being the front. This is what it might be to a lesser degree with D25's with no aligment (\) really they're just crude graphics but do you get the idea?

Not to get off on a rant here or start any brand wars but don't be surprised if ya get jumped by the Kore guys! There has been quite a few discussions on the Kore Systems and a few other manufactures such as the Skyjacker D25's some INDIVIDUALS saying those who buy the D25's wouldn't know a good quaity spring and so on and so fourth, just ignorance and a very narrow view, so don't let the guys with all the bucks that just have to have the best call down your decision on what's right for your particular needs. For me D25's were plenty suitable afterall my truck is not a pre-runner or a baja rig and they are a fine qaulity product just depends on how your gonna use the truck I just wanted to level the thing out maybe get a little more height out of it, BUT to each there own
Old 04-01-2005, 05:15 AM

Let me know how the intall comes out and if you take any befor and after pic. I am thinking about getting a set my self.
-Rob
Old 04-01-2005, 08:37 AM

you can get away with holding off on the alignment.
I put the D25s on, and it only moved my center line 3/8" at best.
Between plowing and whatever, the front on my truck is constantly going out of alignment anyway.
Speaking of, need to get it in, ....again
Old 04-01-2005, 12:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine drove like crap after I put 'em on, so there was no way around getting an alignment done. My track bar must have been getting borderline, too, because I started getting death wobble shortly after. There are some shots in my user gallery that should give you an idea of the before/after comparisons. If I had the measurements with me, I'd post them, but they're on a sheet of paper in my garage. If I remember correctly, the after measurement on the front showed about 2 3/8" of lift, with the rear still about 1" taller when empty. I do have the camper package, which might make a difference in rear height, I'm not sure.

Here's an after shot from the side, with 315s on it:

Old 04-01-2005, 12:47 PM

The D25 coils make your truck ride much rougher. I took mine off b/c of that reason and sold them. I know my alignment wouldn't stay and my tires wore out pretty quickly. Anyways going over speed bumps with those it was a harsh ride and I felt every bump in the road.

The coils do make the truck look very cool. I received many compliments on my truck with those coils. The red stands out on the truck especially with a silver truck like above.

-CM
Old 04-01-2005, 01:29 PM

Originally posted by northslope

Not to get off on a rant here or start any brand wars but don't be surprised if ya get jumped by the Kore guys! There has been quite a few discussions on the Kore Systems and a few other manufactures such as the Skyjacker D25's some INDIVIDUALS saying those who buy the D25's wouldn't know a good quaity spring and so on and so fourth, just ignorance and a very narrow view, so don't let the guys with all the bucks that just have to have the best call down your decision on what's right for your particular needs. For me D25's were plenty suitable afterall my truck is not a pre-runner or a baja rig and they are a fine qaulity product just depends on how your gonna use the truck I just wanted to level the thing out maybe get a little more height out of it, BUT to each there own
Not a KORE guy......and I personally never called anyone ignorant for buying the D25's. If someone doesn't know what else is out there besides the D25's, then how can they know what's right for their particular needs? The whole point of the board is to gain knowledge and pass it on to others.

Summit wants $157 for D25's....for $30 more you can get a custom made coil spring that is the same spring rate or softer (if you choose) and won't sag. The SJ coils are stiffer and like Jim said, they ride like crap. The red powder coat fades after a few months and they turn pink. Then they sag. If you want some 4.5" SJ coils, you can have my old ones for free.

CORed got a quote from Coil Spring Specialties of $186 plus shipping from Kansas for a 2-2.5" levelling coil with a stock spring rate. Truck will still ride like stock but sit level.

You can find them here....http://www.coilsprings.com/

This is the same manufacturer that does/did KORE's coils. They did my coils and I'm very impressed with their work.

I'm not the guy with all the bucks.....I just do my homework and spend my money wisely. All about bang for the buck......

Conrad
Old 04-01-2005, 03:08 PM

Originally posted by Cowhand
The SJ coils are stiffer and like Jim said, they ride like crap. The red powder coat fades after a few months and they turn pink.
Conrad
That was the other guy complaining about the ride. Mine drove pretty bad until I got the track bar and the alignment sorted out, though.

I'm lucky enough to have covered parking both at home and at work, so it'll take a while for mine to turn pink, I hope. When they do, maybe I'll get me some of them cool pink wipers to go with them...
Old 04-01-2005, 03:14 PM
Banned

jfpointer, don't forget the fuzzy pink dice!
Old 04-01-2005, 04:23 PM

Originally posted by 4x4dually
jfpointer, don't forget the fuzzy pink dice!
Old 04-01-2005, 04:41 PM

i have D25's on my truck with no camper package, truck sits a little high in the front but i like the look, i also have a 900 lb. snow plow on the truck, the 25's have been on for two winters and truck still keeps it's same empty ride height in the front, the 25's do ride a little harsh empty but i don't mind, after all it's a work truck
Old 04-01-2005, 05:37 PM

I've had my D25's on since March of 2003 and they haven't sagged and they are still as red as the day I put them on. Maybe I got a good set?
Old 04-01-2005, 10:51 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Cowhand
Not a KORE guy......and I personally never called anyone ignorant for buying the D25's. If someone doesn't know what else is out there besides the D25's, then how can they know what's right for their particular needs? The whole point of the board is to gain knowledge and pass it on to others.

Summit wants $157 for D25's....for $30 more you can get a custom made coil spring that is the same spring rate or softer (if you choose) and won't sag. The SJ coils are stiffer and like Jim said, they ride like crap. The red powder coat fades after a few months and they turn pink. Then they sag. If you want some 4.5" SJ coils, you can have my old ones for free.

CORed got a quote from Coil Spring Specialties of $186 plus shipping from Kansas for a 2-2.5" levelling coil with a stock spring rate. Truck will still ride like stock but sit level.

You can find them here....http://www.coilsprings.com/

This is the same manufacturer that does/did KORE's coils. They did my coils and I'm very impressed with their work.

I'm not the guy with all the bucks.....I just do my homework and spend my money wisely. All about bang for the buck......

Conrad

Hang on now not singling any one out here I'm just sayin I've seen posts where some folks were gettin jabbed for buyin D-25's I aint sayin Kore is neither this nor that, I like to feel every bump in the road, I own a truck not an SUV I'm use to the ol' buck board ride that Dodge has always produced for ME d-25's are the ticket they ARE RIGHT FOR ME maybe not for joe or jack or bob but for ME! I aint tryin to pick a fight just tryin to say TO EACH THERE OWN!!!!
Old 04-02-2005, 05:31 PM

thanks for the in put guys. when i posted this i had all ready made my purchase of the d25's (sorry cowhand). haven't driven it yet cross your fingers.

thanks
Old 04-02-2005, 09:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by northslope
Hang on now not singling any one out here I'm just sayin I've seen posts where some folks were gettin jabbed for buyin D-25's I aint sayin Kore is neither this nor that, I like to feel every bump in the road, I own a truck not an SUV I'm use to the ol' buck board ride that Dodge has always produced for ME d-25's are the ticket they ARE RIGHT FOR ME maybe not for joe or jack or bob but for ME! I aint tryin to pick a fight just tryin to say TO EACH THERE OWN!!!!

I am not sure if this is a reference to MY posts bagging on the D25s, but let me be clear: I was criticizing the SPRINGS, not any particular person!

A quick search will find my lengthy posts on spring design (including commentary on set height, solid height, etc) and pictures of MY D25s.

Yes, I own D25s. Yes, I could have done better for my money. Yes, I feel purchasing them was a mistake, as other springs are higher quality and/or better value. The Kore springs represent much higher quality. CSS makes great springs, and imho they are worth the modest price premium. I, too, am on a budget.

I feel an obligation to advise fellow members of the possibility that D25s are not the best for them, despite how popular they are.

Your commentary on the "KORE guys" seem to head this thread down a path it need not go, and are not relevant to the lead poster's question regarding alignment as I see it. Others will likely see it differently, and that's just fine.

jlh

Quick Reply: D25 coil ?