Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Custom Steel Front Bumper Drawings

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 07:15 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Custom Steel Front Bumper Drawings

Many have asked me the question "where do I start" when it comes to making a customized front bumper that will conquor anything in its path. After several emails about mine, I decided to post a few pics of how mine was constructed. Believe me, this is a tested design. After totaling an S10 and pulling about 80 cedar trees out of the ground, it looks great.

I drew these merely off the top of my head today so the dimensions are not exactly to scale. The starting point is the two 'risers'. Mine are .375 plate. The easiest way to make them is to use cardboard to make a pattern. Transfer this on to steel and cut away! Next, bolt them to the truck and start welding steel plate to them.

I hope this helps and answers some of the questions that I have had. If you need anything else, let me know.

Pics are in my gallery. Pictures of the skid plate are also in my gallery. This plate also takes the shimmy out of the bumper from side to side going down the road. There may be bumpers out there like it, but mine was made from scratch without copying anyone else's.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:37 AM
Banned

Mine was made from scratch as well, and tho mine is plain, I will never worry about it being damaged...its made from heavy duty structural channel.

i am not done mine yet, I still have to get the 6" light buckets fabbed into the front, and get the tubing to bend the grill guard for the top. Then its time for a winch mount. Then it will look even more beastly.

By the way, the diamind plate top works great as a step for doing engine work, I re-torqued my injector retaining clips very easily by standing up there!
Old 03-07-2005, 11:49 AM

Hey , great drawings....I ve been needing to build a new bumper for a couple months since a left front blow out. I m gonna do the pattern today....have a friend cad draw it so we can water jet them. If anyone wants some let me know. It will be cheaper the more I have cut. I have a bender so the rest of mine will be 1 5/8 or 1 3/4 round tube with diamond plate insets. I me going to build out far enough to add another intercooler too.....right behind the bump then redo some plumbing and intercool between turbos.

This is gonna take a month or two....
Old 03-07-2005, 10:39 PM

Now if I just had a welder and could weld decent....hmm....
Old 08-01-2011, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by 4x4dually
Many have asked me the question "where do I start" when it comes to making a customized front bumper that will conquor anything in its path. After several emails about mine, I decided to post a few pics of how mine was constructed. Believe me, this is a tested design. After totaling an S10 and pulling about 80 cedar trees out of the ground, it looks great.

I drew these merely off the top of my head today so the dimensions are not exactly to scale. The starting point is the two 'risers'. Mine are .375 plate. The easiest way to make them is to use cardboard to make a pattern. Transfer this on to steel and cut away! Next, bolt them to the truck and start welding steel plate to them.

I hope this helps and answers some of the questions that I have had. If you need anything else, let me know.

Pics are in my gallery. Pictures of the skid plate are also in my gallery. This plate also takes the shimmy out of the bumper from side to side going down the road. There may be bumpers out there like it, but mine was made from scratch without copying anyone else's.

Do you still have drawing and pics of bumper posted? thanks
Old 08-02-2011, 01:44 AM

I know this is 6 years later but if you have those drawings i would love to see them.