Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

CTD vs STS....GOT EM!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking CTD vs STS....GOT EM!!!

So this guy in a pimped STS coupe decided he would like to read the fine print on my rear bumper through a 5 mile very windy road, we held a good pace and I was gonna drop the hammer on him but went from 4th to 5th insted of 3rd so no hammer just black cloud . We turn onto a four lane road in the middle of nowhere and he pulls wide and nails it.....so I was compelled to see what the old girl will do....he has me by two car lengths by spool up.....then I can't even see the guages as I am shifting like a hyperactive 125cc motcross racer! 3rd gear we are even I shift he pulls 1/2 a car during the shift....4th gear I rip past him and put 1 truck on him.....5th gear his nose is back at my door and then it spools back up SEE YA!!! so at 110 I back out and it is near 1 full second before he come flying past me . OH WHAT A FEELING when you spank some rich kid with $5000 rims in a diesel. Apparently he was not inclined to talk about it as he avoided me like the plague when we got to the light.......I LOVE MY TRUCK.......I LOVE MY TRUCK........I LOVE MY TRUCK.........I LOVE MY TRUCK
Old 04-16-2005, 11:42 AM
Banned

There's no greater feeling in the world than putting one of those punks in their place.
Old 04-16-2005, 02:09 PM

I too feel the love for my rig-bad.
Old 04-16-2005, 02:40 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
30 something in a White Corvette on I-270 south on the way home from Penn. this morning.

Tag read XSLR8ING

Attempted a "cut & run" pass in front of me ...........
He Cut.....He XCELR8ted.......
He looked in his rear view @ 90 and saw the Ram grill still there.

For the next 10 miles each time he hit the throttle, I stayed with him.
(even Vettes will dump smoke at WOT)

He finally gave up and tucked in behind a mini van and I passed him @ 60 mph.

Ahhhh, the education of another weekend racer wanna-be.
Old 04-16-2005, 03:00 PM

Wanna have some real fun, troll the Ford dealership and wait for a SD to go out on a test drive.
My local Ford dealership hates me. They have lost a lot of sales after I have killed them on the hill heading out of town. Local Dodge dealer gets areal kick out of when the customer mentions getting creamed by a Ram while testing a SD.

I should maybe grow up someday! LOL!!!
Old 04-16-2005, 03:07 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Old 04-16-2005, 03:21 PM
Banned

Old 04-16-2005, 06:07 PM

The dealer that I bought my truck from is up the street from where I work. And sad to say it but the buying expeirience was not pleasent. So, every time I pass the dealer, its a big black cloud followed by some tire smoke and a big middle finger out the window
Old 04-16-2005, 06:32 PM

u beat a cadillac!! ur such a rough neck bad boy!! just playin with ya...good going!!
Old 04-16-2005, 07:10 PM

Originally posted by Homestead
Wanna have some real fun, troll the Ford dealership and wait for a SD to go out on a test drive.
My local Ford dealership hates me. They have lost a lot of sales after I have killed them on the hill heading out of town. Local Dodge dealer gets areal kick out of when the customer mentions getting creamed by a Ram while testing a SD.

this cracked me up
Old 04-16-2005, 08:10 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I had a similar encounter today leaving the stereo shop.

Young lad in his japmobile gives me this digusted look and then revs his little bazooka tube.

I pulled in behind him and my uncle was laughing saying; "That poor kid can't see anything but bumper!"

We went on the off ramp and I stayed right with him with about half throttle.
As he looked over to merge onto the highway, I was passing him and my uncle was thumbing his nose and laughing.

This still does not beat Homestead and the Ford on the hill. I know the hill...its a steep one.
I used to do the same...just blast past the Fords on that hill. HAHAHAH However, I never waited at the lot for them.

Scotty
Old 04-16-2005, 09:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Homestead

Too much time on your hands eh? lol!! Just pokin at ya bud, but man sure does sound like fun though... he he he he.. I know exactly how you feel.. beatin bigshots that cant race sure does feel good.... Even better when they get beaten by a diesel, and their gfs are with them.... Good goin to the caddy eatin ram! that just made my day....

Tx
Old 04-16-2005, 10:12 PM
Banned

Ahh yes! I smoked a Mitsubishi Eclipse just last night. The lane that I needed to be in to enter the highway was full and instead of being a gentleman and blocking the intersection I opted for the far lane. I pulled up next to this jamoke and he lurched his car a little. I started watching for the light and just as soon as yellow showed for the crossing traffic I started building boost for launch. I left this poor guy in a cloud of soot with a little puff of rubber smoke and was two lenghts ahead entering the ramp. He tryed to catch up, but I was already to my exit and backing down by the time he came lawnmowering by with his girlie in the passenger seat! The sad thing is that I'll bet none of these characters even realize that they've been embarassed by an 8200lb truck!
Old 04-16-2005, 11:39 PM

These are great. One night i was going out to check out the trucks at the used truck lot in town, and i was on the bypass. Theres a 350 chevy gasser in the lane beside me with no one behind us at the light. I started making it sound like it had a cam and stuff, and figured id just take off easy; but just make it sound like i wanted to race; cause i didnt figure he would. Light turned green, and he shot out ahead of me, so i mash it just as soon as i see him doing it too, and locked the torque converter up. I hit 2nd gear, and pulled up to his door, where the 47rh proceeded to shift to 3rd and roll on by him It was cool though cause i let out of it at about 60mph, and he passed me with a big thumbs up out the window . I also did the same exact thing to the 5.4 litre ford F-150 i raced at the drag strip. Hit 3rd gear, and passed him both times i raced him. It was awesome.

Eric
Old 04-17-2005, 02:48 AM
Banned

I got one haha... heading to dyno event today and convertable Miata with preppy, Boulder grannola head, at helm, thought he was gonna scoot into left lane as we came came down the onramp. He swings out and catches me ******* in 4th. He pulls up beside about the time the B1 lit and I waved out the window as I drove away lmao. We then get to the bottom of a big hill and it opens back up to two lane going up the other side. I let him come up on me as we started to climb and then burried it on 5x5 off boost. He dissapeared for a couple seconds while I waited for the turbo to lite again. By then I was 20 car lengths in front. Came up to the next light a mile down the hwy and he comes up beside to make a left turn and was moving his flapper in way that led me to believe he wanted some more. I was chuckling the whole time lol

Quick Reply: CTD vs STS....GOT EM!!!