Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Cost difference of swapping in a stick vs. building my auto

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 11:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by BigBlue
Add the billet shafts on the goerend and the price is up to almost $6000.
IF you want a stick...I would sell/trade! I agree sticks are fun...it's the only compromise I made off my wish list, when I went looking for a used 02. Haven't regretted it once, since doing the DTT.

Don't forget you can do billet later. Buy the shafts as you go along and install them in the future. That's my plan. Maybe you need another Test Drive....and more than just around the block? Run a solid auto through the gears, 0 up to 100 mph...than try it with a 5 or 6 speed.... and you may change your mind about the shifter!

RJ
Old 08-08-2005, 11:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Blue,

If you decide to sell I might be interested-Let me know!!
Old 08-08-2005, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just build your automatic. Much easier, and will probably pull as good or better, and be much faster. Also as much fun to drive when your actually getting power to the ground.

Eric
Old 08-09-2005, 09:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just the sound of the truck running through the 6 gears alone is worth the cost Big Blue.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:38 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Mcmopar
Blue,

If you decide to sell I might be interested-Let me know!!
Mcmopar, I ain't selling this truck until I'm dead at least. It might become a family heirloom. I've been through to much with this truck and some of my fondest memories are with her so she's not leaving my sight.

rjohnson, I'm always up for a good test drive. But like I've said before, I only want to go into the tranny once. I've been known to be very hard on parts and I like to test things to the limit. I also HATE to lose. I know I'm on borrowed time with the way I treat this tranny and when I build it I want to know that I can launch at 20+psi of boost and not worry about anything except tires. I've done 0-90 before in a 6 spd and it's fun. I hope my roommate doesn't read this.

caper, I love listening to the sound of running through the gears. The 6 spd creates an actual load on the cummins and it makes the sound we all love to hear. I love listening to mine lock up at 40 mph and me stomping on it and it staying locked up and load the engine up.

I think I'm gonna just save up the money and build it. As much fun as it would be to have a 6psd,the grief associated with converting mine and the constant worrying of if I did everything right and all is just not worth it. Thanks for the help yall. I really appreciate it.