Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Confused/Curious

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 09:00 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Confused/Curious

I installed my Edge Comp back on today after running stock for a couple thousand miles after my second top end over haul in as many months. Cummins was doing the work for me. I have some modified 275 injectors in & that is all. I usually have my waste gate welded or locked down either way. Right now I don't, though. With the Comp added, My EGT's are Skyrocketing rather quickly while the Boost lags along. When the waste gate is locked down, the boost is super fast to respond & my EGT's don't rise so High, or as fast. Does anyone have a clue? My truck also seems to be cutting out when I am at full throttle on level five. Any ideas? Thanks
Old 08-14-2006, 12:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what kinda pressure you getting with the waistgate locked down?
I tryed that and it sounds like lotsa boost,I sucked that little filter minder thing half way with a new filter in..But I've no boost gauge
Are you liking the edge,other than some surge on level5?
Old 08-15-2006, 12:06 PM
Banned

Ref I can get up to 46 lbs of boost with the stock HX35 on level 5 & riding it hard. Done it plenty of times. I don't do that very often though anymore. 40 lbs is nothing to see. The locked up waste gate has never caused me any problems. It has only helped enhance my trucks performance. I use the Scotty 2 air handler & have the 4 inch hole in my firewall, as well as the stock intake hole. I get plenty of air. I think i may be losing fuel pressure on level 5. That is the only thing I can come up with. I got to get my waste gate locked & hook my wire back up that gives my lift pump a constant 13.4 volts. That may fix my fuel pressue issue. i will post tomorrow after I take care of these 2 tasks & see how it runs then.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:19 PM

have you got a fp guage ?
Old 08-15-2006, 12:31 PM
Banned

Yeah the cutting out would probably be from the lack of FP......mine did that before I put my fuel upgrade kit on......now life is goooood!!

My egts climb fast too, but I can keep them in check. I run about 34psi and on level 3 it stays pretty cool, hardly ever go over 1100. Is the Egts just rising fast on level 5 or on all levels?

~Nick
Old 08-15-2006, 12:54 PM
Banned

It is rising fast on all levels. I have been playing with the smoke settings some, but haven't figured out anything yet. I think i am getting my fuel a whole lot faster than the necessary amount of air needed. I do not have a fuel pressure guage hooked up, but i do have one I can hook up to check my pressure. After having 2 ISSPRO's lose pressure & leak all over my dash, I won't have one in the truck again unless it is electrical.
Once I get up to speed, it levels off, in any stage. If i keep sticking it to it, the EGT's keep climbing. I am going to change my fuel filter, check my pressure, lock my wastegate back down & see what happens. Hopefully it will be like old times. Good running & power