Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Comparison: Comp vs. TST: both stacked with Smarty?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 05:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gandrews
"I was talking to one guy that said his redline box wiped out 2 HRVP's within 2 weeks"

Does anyone know if the redline boxes are tougher on the HRVPs than say the TSTs or Edge comps?

What does the redline box do differently?

That sounds like a very expensive lesson!

Greg, the bc redline box does not have very good street manners, its a radical box to say the least.

Blue Chip Diesel Performance is pleased to announce the immediate availability of it’s latest patented performance enhancement product, the Blue Chip Redline Performance Box.

The Redline is specifically designed for OFF-ROAD USE ONLY. As such, it extends fueling to the absolute maximum available from the VP-44 pump throughout the operating RPM range. NO MORE ECM DEFUELING!!!

Additionally, the Redline, as it’s name signifies, extends the maximum RPM from the factory ECM-limited 3200 to a mind-blowing, pull-extending, ET reducing 4000 RPM !!!

In addition to providing extreme fueling and RPM capabilities, the Redline also supports features from the Blue Chip FMS, including EGT and Boost pressure monitoring. It records the maximum values of EGT, Boost, RPM, and fueling during your runs. MAP and thermocouple connections are compatible with previous FMS installations.

Menu choices for user changeable parameters include maximum RPMs from 3400 to 4000 and 15-100 percent of FULL FUELING rate.

Self diagnostics for determining correct wire connection and proper voltage ranges. Self Diagnostics can be used with customer support for diagnosing fuel system and electrical issues. Screen displays “Time Out”” when a trigger pulse is lost momentarily.

Whether you’re into truck pulling, Drag racing, or Dyno competition, the Blue Chip Redline can give you what you’ve been looking for - a way to break the RPM barrier!
Old 03-09-2006, 07:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tiger Rag
I still think the TST-smarty would be better. I guess I'm looking for someone to say, "no way, the Comp and Smarty are way better.
Marco (inventor of the MAD ECM and the Smarty) has stated he feels using the smoother, more technologcally advanced timing system of the Smarty with the TST box is a better set up.
He has tested both and should know.

From comments I've heard, I don't think it's a hugh difference. If I already had a Comp... I'd probably stay with it and run Smarty on even # settings; at least till reports from those trying it both ways come in.

RJ
Old 03-09-2006, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Redline box can be run on the street with no problems, just turn the fueling down attle from 100% and enjoy..... Is it harder on a VP than any of the other fueling boxes???? Well I would suspect that running any box that is a max performance box is going to tax the VP, plus running 4k+ rpm is just added strain.

ALL fueling enhancements tax the VP to some extent and these HOT boxes are just getting hotter and hotter. This is the reason that guys need to match there mods to what they are looking for. There is no perfect system... A fueling box is going to make more HP than any programmer or non fueling box, period end of discussion. But it is also going to be harder on the pump. So the question that needs to ne answered is what is right for you as a consumer? Max HP, reliability, driveability, sledpuling, etc, match up the right components and you will be happy, use the wrong ones and it can be expensive.

VP's are getting stronger and stronger all the time. There is now new electronics out that are tougher than the FedEx versions. But even with these new electronics the VP is just a weak complex pump that I feel will always have a reliability issue with max HP guys.

Doug Smith
Old 03-09-2006, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So the question that needs to ne answered is what is right for you as a consumer?
Amen!

Marco