Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Compact Powered Subwoofer - Any Recommendations??

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Compact Powered Subwoofer - Any Recommendations??

I’ve got a 2002 Dodge Ram Quad Cab with the factory Infinity speaker system. The system would be rounded out nicely with just a little extra thump. I don’t want to spend more than $200 (cheap isn’t he?) for a small, compact, powered subwoofer that will easily fit under my truck’s rear bench seat.

What would be my best choice (and why) between the following subs …

Bazooka EL8A-HP / Kenwood WOOX / Clarion SRV303
Old 06-26-2003, 07:12 AM

Re:Need Help re: Compact Subwoofer Choice

These might be more your sytle then if you don't want to loose space found Here for about $299 bucks and sound as good as a normal sub does.
Old 06-26-2003, 07:45 AM

of those 3 I'd pick the bazooka hands down ........then the kenwood ........then the clarion <br><br>personally I'd spend a bit more, but that's just me<br><br><br>check out some of your local stereo shops and tell em you goals maybe they can help .......if you can find a local shop that handles the subs you're looking at you can maybe arrange for a demo before you buy .........
Old 06-26-2003, 07:52 AM

Wow, these Blaupunkt OverDrive Saucer Subs look like they have a very high &quot;cool factor&quot;. What about their sound quality and longevity? Anyone running them or anyone heard what they sound like?<br><br>Thanks Jamie. Leave it up to you to be up on the latest goodies. I'm definitely going to check into these saucers too.
Old 06-26-2003, 08:52 AM

Sound quality is excellent and actully superb.
Old 06-26-2003, 12:43 PM

I have a Q-logic box with the sub in it for sale for $ 250 if you are interested, it sits between the front seat and the back seat in the center and even has 2 cup holders for the people in the back! ;D will post a pic later if interested.
Old 06-26-2003, 01:02 PM

Ouch! The Blaupunkt OverDrive saucer subs are starting at over $200. Nice size, but I don't want to spend that much ... and then have to put out additional $$ for the amplifier and box!!<br><br>Again, I don’t want to spend more than $200 for a small, compact, powered subwoofer that will easily fit under my truck’s rear bench seat.<br><br>With that said, what's my best choice (and why) between between the following subs …<br><br>Bazooka EL8A-HP / Kenwood WOOX / Clarion SRV303<br>
Old 06-26-2003, 09:14 PM
Banned

I got my whole system, 2 Audiobahn 12's and 1500w Audiobahn Mono Ch. amp for about $600. I have connections though. The amp alone costs around $800.
Old 06-27-2003, 06:23 AM

I know there's a lot of folks out there spending big bucks on upgrading their truck/car sound systems. That's great.<br><br>I can't justify big $$ to upgrade mine. The infinity system sounds great as is. It just needs a little more thump to compete with the sweet sound of my Cummins.<br><br>Again, anyone out there have a recommendation? I'm considering the following self powered, compact subs. All are $200 or less and will easily tuck away under the rear seat of a quad cab ...<br><br>Bazooka EL8A-HP / Kenwood WOOX / Clarion SRV303
Old 06-27-2003, 07:03 AM

OK I will answer your question. Stay away from the bazooka its just plain junk.<br><br>Kenwood WOOX did a little reading sounds like a pretty nice unit don't have any personal experieince but reading the review I would by it if my needs were yours.<br><br><br>The clarion one looks kinda goofey I would stick with the kenwood.<br>
Old 06-27-2003, 07:31 AM

DooDah - Thanks but no thanks. I don't want to give up my precious rear floor area - I've got two boys that are already somewhat tight sitting in the back.<br><br>Jamie - Huh, I've heard the Bazookas are somewhat &quot;loose&quot; sounding, not quite as a tight/crisp sub as some. But Junk, really? <br><br>... I was actually somewhat leaning toward the Clarion. It looks like a slick little package that will easily tuck under the rear seat or the fron seat. But, I agree, slick looking and good sounding are two different things. <br><br>Anyone hear these Clarions? or any of the others?
Old 06-27-2003, 07:46 AM

The bazooka is junk thats forsure the sound is absolutely dreadful. The clarion however slick looking is gimickey to me. Can you listen to the two somewhere? That is how I would decide. See our our shop here can have extension cables so we can put the sub in someones car and they can hear it in the vehicle before they buy it so its the right choice for them.
Old 06-27-2003, 07:59 AM

Jamie,<br><br>Great tip. I'll see if there is a shop around here that can let me hear the Clarion and/or the Kenwood WOOx in the vehicle before I buy.<br>
Old 06-28-2003, 10:16 AM

I built two custom boxes to fit under the rear seat (.47ft^3 each). I put an 8&quot; kicker Comp in each box. They sound great. I am powering them with 75 watts each.
Old 06-29-2003, 05:12 PM

Re:Compact Powered Subwoofer - Any Recommendations??

You might also look at the Infinity Basslink. You can get one off of eBay for around 200. I would listen to as many as possible though before making up my mind.

Quick Reply: Compact Powered Subwoofer - Any Recommendations??