Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Comp or Juice?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Comp or Juice?

So im going to be getting some money soon and im wondering if I want an Edge Comp, or an Edge Juice? I want more power, and lots more smoke...will the Juice still make the same smoke that the Comp will? I like the juice because it comes with the gauges display and I dont have gauges yet so it would be killing two birds with one stone...any thoughts?
Old 03-29-2006, 10:13 PM
Banned

Yes you are geting two birds with one stone. The new Edge Juice with Attitude will be an awesome power module. I like the fuel gauge monitoring capabilities and all the other parameter changes you can make. 5 levels of in cab adjustability for the Juice module, plus the turbo timer.....what a great feature that is. The timer can be set on EGT levels or time, so either way your protecting the turbo and engine with the cool down time.

I think the Juice and Attitude is the direction to look for all the features you will get. Same HP and Torque as a Comp too.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:36 PM

How does the juice install? Do you have to do all the regular mods for the pyro and the fuel pressure gauges, or can it just monitor that through the ECM?

Edit: forgot to mention this is gonna be used quite a bit for towing too
Old 03-30-2006, 01:05 PM
Banned

You will be fine with towing, plus you will have the easy in cab power level control to help your truck perform its best under any circumstance.

The thermocouple will need to connect like a standard pyrometer installation, which is provided. Boost and RPM come through the datalink. Fuel pressure is gathered with a provided sensor that reads off the pump, and trans temp uses a supplied sensor into a port.

The Juice is very easy to install. Some simple under hood connections and your done. Its very similar to any of the other Edge power modules that connect under the hood.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:28 PM

what if you already have gauges....which would be the best way to go...im lookin into a comp...but ive heard lots of good about the juice
Old 03-30-2006, 02:11 PM

are they going to have a drag version of the juice like the comps did .
Old 03-30-2006, 05:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I must have missed something... The Juice in now available for 2nd Gens?
Old 03-30-2006, 05:56 PM

Supposed to have started production. Should be out any time now.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:28 PM

talked to edge shop friday and they started shipping that morning!!!
Old 03-30-2006, 09:03 PM
Banned

Yes they are being shipped as we speak.

Not sure on the HOT Juice, but one would assume wouldnt they. Or maybe we need to make some request to see if that will help it along.

If you have gauges you might want to either install the Comp or just the Juice module, even though you will not get the 5 levels of power and in cab adjustability. Or make a deal to one of your friends on the gauges and get the Juice with Attitude!
Old 03-31-2006, 12:45 AM

Just FYI....

The Juice won't work without the Attitude. At least that was correct last week. If you already have gauges you need to buy the COMP or another fueling module.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:29 AM
JIT

I ordered the Juice w/additude Wed. and they said they were on back order and it will be a week or two before I see it. I am currently running just the Superchip's programmer... does any one know if the Juice W/Additude is Stackable? If so, what would I be looking at for power? And will I need to get bigger injectors to get the full effect?
Old 04-01-2006, 01:44 PM

I heard from a very good source that there will be a drag upgrade and a sled puller upgrade for the juice/attitude. I still went with the comp because i already have guages.......

-Ryan
Old 04-01-2006, 06:56 PM

Were are you guys mounting it?

I was thinkin steering column or in front of the shifter, above the cubby were the cupholders are on the autos.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by GlennRMK
Were are you guys mounting it?

I was thinkin steering column or in front of the shifter, above the cubby were the cupholders are on the autos.
There are other mounts being manufactured but aren't out just yet. The A-pillar should be here soon.

Quick Reply: Comp or Juice?