Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

comp dying or not playing nice with smarty?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy comp dying or not playing nice with smarty?

when i first got my smarty i didnt play with the comp on too much because my cluth would slip very easy so for the past 6 months ive only had the smarty on 9 with the comp off,well today i got bored and put the smarty on 8 and my comp on 3/3,when i turned the comp on and off while driving i could tell that with it on there was a definate slugish feel,then i tried 3/4 and turnid it on and off and wham instant smoke and more power,tried 4/1 and lower power then 4/4 and wham instant power,my question is,is my comp dying or when the smarty is on and the comp is on lower subsettings does it defuel more than normal?maybe tomorow ill put her back to stock software and try the subsettings.it seems like all the subsettings 3 and lower make it defuel,then when i put it on subsetting 4 and 5 she fuels like crazy,sorry for the long post im just wondering,
Old 09-15-2006, 09:23 PM

Did you check the comp's ground and wire-tap connection? Probably did, just the only thing I could think of.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:27 AM

Could be the vp crapping out.I run a drag and smarty.The smarty is on 8 and the comp is either on 5 or it is off.I've never even tried another setting.Mine runs great,but I got no sticks,and my clutch is fine till half way through fifth..Maybe the sluggish feel is from the comp's agressive timing.I only use the comp for racing ,because the smarty just runs so good by itself,theres no need for the comp otherwise ,in my opinion.And if your gonna race somebody theres no way Im gonna put the comp on 2 or 3.Do you have the drag version dave?Youve got so much fuel for no turbo upgrade