Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

choosen injectors??

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
choosen injectors??

After I get my truck out of the shop, gettin the tranny upgraded, ATS flex plate, precision billet triple disc tc, the works. Going to be purchasing a hot rod vp44, fass 150 lift pump, big line kit. Don't worry I did not forget about the injectors, I was thinking about some F1 Mach 5's, or some dragon flows. I have a killer b2 64/14 turbo, is the turbo good for the extra fuel or am I under estimating this turbo.
some feedback would be great!
Old 06-15-2007, 06:55 PM

That turbo will be just good. Only sugestion is forget the hotrod vp and just get a regular so vp. Do some searching on the htrod vp and you will see that its no better than the so vp, its just 5 600 more dollars and no difference when your at the higher hp.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by dieselrob
That turbo will be just good. Only sugestion is forget the hotrod vp and just get a regular so vp. Do some searching on the htrod vp and you will see that its no better than the so vp, its just 5 600 more dollars and no difference when your at the higher hp.

I 2nd this.
get some mach 6's or dragon flows, you will be happy you did.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:36 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
What are you hoping to do with the truck? Do you tow? If so, how heavy? How often?

Do you have a HP goal??

I'm a huge fan of huge injectors. But there's no reason to run big ones if you won't need them. Mach 4s are quite clean and have been to 550hp, and in some cases more. Do you need/want more than this?

My advice: skip the HRVP. Go down to a 62-class turbo. The SuperStock 62 from HTT and the SuperPhatshaft 62 are *the* turbos to beat, imo. Go with Mach 4 injectors.

My suggestions above will get you lots of power and much improved street manners for less money.

JMO
Old 06-15-2007, 07:36 PM

thanks for the info on the vp, mach 6's is that to much for the killer b2. all i'm worried about is spool up or is more fuel going to help spool up?
Old 06-15-2007, 07:41 PM

Fuel can help spool up, but you can't break the laws of physics.

Once you're smoking heavily, more fuel actually HURTS spoolup! You can feel it "bog" like a gasser that's too rich.

Bigger injectors and bigger (read: laggier) turbos only make this worse.

The matching of M6s to a turbo is not one-for-one; there's wiggle room based on what you want from the truck and what you're willing to live with.

FWIW, one member here went from Don's 150hp Mach 4s and a 62mm turbo to Mach 6s and a 64mm turbo (like the Killer B2) and got a little more power on the dyno, but gave up a LOT of driveability. He lived at higher altitude, and the loss in driveability was almost a step backwards in his case-- not worth upgrade to get a few more hp.

The Mach4/62mm is a very proven street-friendly combo that's quite versatile and gives really good performance.

JMO
Old 06-15-2007, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by HOHN
Fuel can help spool up, but you can't break the laws of physics.

Once you're smoking heavily, more fuel actually HURTS spoolup! You can feel it "bog" like a gasser that's too rich.

Bigger injectors and bigger (read: laggier) turbos only make this worse.

The matching of M6s to a turbo is not one-for-one; there's wiggle room based on what you want from the truck and what you're willing to live with.

FWIW, one member here went from Don's 150hp Mach 4s and a 62mm turbo to Mach 6s and a 64mm turbo (like the Killer B2) and got a little more power on the dyno, but gave up a LOT of driveability. He lived at higher altitude, and the loss in driveability was almost a step backwards in his case-- not worth upgrade to get a few more hp.

The Mach4/62mm is a very proven street-friendly combo that's quite versatile and gives really good performance.

JMO
your probaly right HOHN, as usual.
i just figured he could handle bigger stixs considering where he lives.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:49 PM

If you wanna know if I'm right, just ask me
Old 06-15-2007, 07:53 PM

I want to get into the 500 hp range but if I need to hook up to a trailer which is not often, and not much weight at that, I don't want it to let me down. I just bought this turbo, what would work with it, the mach 4's, 5's or 6's. I know I messed up when I ordered the 14cm exhaust housing I should of gone with the 12 being a auto.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by bigmack2500
I want to get into the 500 hp range but if I need to hook up to a trailer which is not often, and not much weight at that, I don't want it to let me down. I just bought this turbo, what would work with it, the mach 4's, 5's or 6's. I know I messed up when I ordered the 14cm exhaust housing I should of gone with the 12 being a auto.

you can change it call HTT, they are much more reasonable than the other turbo company. have you used it yet?
Old 06-15-2007, 08:05 PM

It's been on the truck for a couple of weeks now, that was before it went into the shop for the tranny work. So u can say that it is used a little bit. What is the problem with the 64 mm compressor housing?
Old 06-15-2007, 08:07 PM

It's been on the truck for a couple of weeks now, that was before it went into the shop for the tranny work. So u can say that it is used a little bit. What is the problem with the 64 mm compressor housing?
im talking about the 14cm housing, you said you wish you would have bought the 12cm.
how does it spool now?
Old 06-15-2007, 08:10 PM

O sorry, the only thing with that is i loss spool up speed I think correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:14 PM

O sorry, the only thing with that is i loss spool up speed I think correct me if I'm wrong.
like i said i would call HTT if you are intrested in changing the exhaust housing.

i would go with some mach 4.5's or similar like HOHN said.

good luck with your choice.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:16 PM

Thanks!!!!

Quick Reply: choosen injectors??