Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Check out the lift pump thread on the TDR

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check out the lift pump thread on the TDR

http://www.turbodieselregister.com/f...threadid=75368
Old 06-18-2003, 07:16 AM

Re:Check out the lift pump thread on the TDR

I'll be sending my letter today. Who knows, maybe if this guy gets enough letters, it may draw a little attention. Anyways it can't hurt.<br>wk
Old 06-18-2003, 08:42 AM

I just had my LP changed out for the first time yesterday. You can really feel the difference, and see the difference with you fuel pressure gauge.<br>I have 78,000 miles on this truck. I would also write a letter to DC to make them aware that my truck is a valuable asset to my farming<br>operation as well as my grocery getter, and much more. This truck has to stay on the road. <br><br>I am very pleased with my truck, but it is sad that we have to experiment with ways to fix this problem. I am currently adding a Carter pusher pump <br>(at the Diesel Roundup in Virginia) to see if this will give me prolonged life.<br><br>My father has a 2002 and is buying gauges just so he can monitor this sort of problem. Not that he is going to increase power, but he wants to know if his LP is going bad so it does not take out a high priced Injector pump. :'( :
Old 06-18-2003, 12:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sent mine today!
Old 06-18-2003, 01:36 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts

Gary-KJ60: I dunno, but I think this could leave somebody open to lawsuits. Either the writer, or even the operator of the board- at least everything you read here and quote would be hearsay.... <br><br>pondering<br><br>AlpineRAM
Old 06-18-2003, 01:53 PM

Maybe just lip service ??? but lets see em give the DTR and TDR ( 21000), responses at least it's worth the time to send a letter and an email. I too don't expect them to do anything either but lets give them something to do, by replying to all of us. ;D Mr Clark will have a rather large stack of mail on his desk And then let them say that they are unaware of a problem :
Old 06-18-2003, 02:02 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts

Well yes if you say it like this ;D <br><br>Maybe even to mention, or giving them a link to all those &quot;lift pump dead&quot; threads would help.... At least after letting pass lets say 3 weeks after them being informed about the numerous problems you could ask again- if they still say that they don't know about it you might be entitled to publicly call them liars.... <br><br>But what do I know about US laws- NOTHING <br><br>AlpineRAM
Old 06-18-2003, 02:45 PM

Location: Eagle, Idaho. Please set your watch back 20 years when entering.

I sent a letter in (on the truck I've owned for 26.4 hours now ;D ) At the very worst, I figure it can do no harm. May do some good. <br><br>I wanna keep luvin' this truck!<br><br>100 Proof
Old 06-19-2003, 02:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm convinced the DC doesn't see this as a problem because the only owners having &quot;big&quot; problems are a small percentage of members from the TDR and DTR. The vast majority of CTD owners have never even heard of these web sites and therefore aren't paranoid about their lift pumps. The TDR states that it has over 16,000 members (an inflated number because it includes the name of EVERYONE who's ever been a member). A quick look at the member list shows the vast majority have never posted any thing, let alone complaining about lift pumps. Statistics says lift pumps aren't a major problem.

Moving the lift pump off the engine and on to the frame, preferrably closer to the tank and further away from the VP44, getting the fuel system harmonics in control, will resolve may, if not all, problems. The engineers know this but changes aren't made because the &quot;numbers&quot; don't require it. These pumps have given great service for many years in other applications. They're getting a bad rap here.