Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Cheapest place to get Twin Setup

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by rjohnson
They are small turbos, if I remember correctly....will produce maybe 45 or 50 psi boost. Not what I would consider best way to go?
Also, if I remember correctly, the Jegs package does not include Air Intake/ filter... 5" exhaust, or an ATS type manifold (recommended by most twin sellers)....which will add $1,000+/- to the cost of parts. Plus shipping?
I may be wrong on this.

Even if I was only shooting for 45 psi boost, I would rather tone down a set up designed for 60+ psi....in order to get max cool/dense air out of the twins by working them easy! JMO.

RJ

the problem now is i have 0 psi untill i get rpms over 2k..............so 50 pounds good right now ontop og aftermarket injectors and edge comp drag........
Old 08-04-2005, 12:41 PM

funny thing is if i floor it my turbo spikes to 30-36psi easly............made no sense to me
Old 08-04-2005, 01:14 PM

has anyone ever thought about designing a 3 turbo setup with dang near perfect low end and top end?...........i would alter my hood to just see it happen............need to replace the hood anyways it got giant gash in it from hitting a deer at 85 MPH on the interstate last winter........
Old 08-04-2005, 02:24 PM
MDW

http://www.relentlessdiesel.com/3rdgentwins.htm
Old 08-04-2005, 02:30 PM

i have no clue what it is but every time i spend a few hours searching the internet i find a better price...........found a company in Florida......

Super B Twin Turbo Kit 1994-2002 Dodge

$2,845.25
Old 08-04-2005, 02:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Isn't this 3rd Gen Only? What about 2nd Gen trucks??

RJ
Old 08-04-2005, 05:38 PM

The hot tube is a 3in sch 40 90degree bend with a short pipe on it. The cold pipe is four 3in. 90 degree exhaust bends welded together with a 3x4 adapter to hook to the top turbo. It does take alot of time and may not work right in the end but I have always built everything I can myself. It does take some knowledge in fab work to do it and asking alot of ? If I build another set I would probably have the flanges all cut on a water jet to get them just right and tig weld all the joints to keep the heat from warping the flanges. Hope this helps.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:40 PM

Originally posted by storx
i have no clue what it is but every time i spend a few hours searching the internet i find a better price...........found a company in Florida......

Super B Twin Turbo Kit 1994-2002 Dodge

$2,845.25
Where at in FL? you can pm me. I familiar with the tampa area.

I like welding and fabbing, so I'll more than likely piece part my own kit. Just needs the parts, and another vehicle to drive in the time being.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:38 AM

Originally posted by Forrest Nearing
you can fab a set for less than a grand if you use a stock wastegated HX35 on top and a $450 HT3B on bottom (I got a used HT3B for $25! )

other than that it's a little welding and some clamps
That's what I want to do when the time comes. If I can't get one from a boneyard locally I'll probably just get one new from HTT. I already got the welder, just need some mandrel piping, the larger housing for the HX35, and the HT3B.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:10 AM

i dont know im going to spend a few hours looking the ont he internet again because i found a forum of a guy saying he payed 2,400.00 for his bd super b twins but the last 3 pages load up as page not able to be loaded and i even tryed them on multi computers are work and the site wouldnt load the last part of the post on the forum...
Old 08-05-2005, 09:16 AM

also......i found a post on a guy in japan who took a twin turbo toyota supra that both turbos where dieing and went ahead and chucked both turbos and built a 3 turbo kit for it with the small turbo being little bit smaller then the stock small turbo and the mid one being a hyrbid and then the large turbo being huge.........in his comments he states..."i went from a small lagg which, put out decent power in the top end to a ride that makes you cry that you can shift fast enough before the turbo throws the rpms deep into the red zone in the matter of a blink of the eye, with the knowing that i have the top end to look forward to when i get there........."
Old 08-06-2005, 08:59 AM

for all the twin guys out there what was your drop in fuel economy?
Old 08-06-2005, 11:14 AM

all right i made up my mind........well i think because the money is looking good well in my view.......RV Shop in Columbia, SC has (1) BD Twin Kit in stock which luckly is a 98-02 setup and his price is 2,845.00.......well i spoke to the guy and explained to him what i was trying to accomplish with the twin kit and told him how i dont have a lot of money to be just blowing away and he was willing to work with me because he says that his 03-05 kit sales so rapdily that he cant keep them in stock because of the little profit that they make from the kit......he showed me in there computer that they pay 1,900.00 for the twin kit from BD and that the 98-02 kit he has in stock been sitting there for a while because its the STREET kit not the TOWING kit which is what EVERYONE wants he says........he explained that the Street Kit is a setup of the Holset Bomber 1 hybrid and Bomber 2 turbos not the s300 series turbos that come in the towing kit.........then he told me that the HP ranges on the 3 kits that BD sale.....i was amazed

TOWING 350-450 HP
STREET 450-600 HP
RACE 600+HP "told me this kit is all custom so it depends"

make a long story short he decided to cut me a deal because im in the military and sale them to me with a military discount for 2,545.00 the only problem is i didnt have that kind of cash on me yesterday when i was down there for business and i left my checkbook back home.......so i beleave this week coming up if i have some time to drive down there that ill pick them up......i gave them a small down payment to putting them up for me and told him i would be back when i have the rest of the money........now the only problem is when i was looking at the kit to see what it all comes with there was 2 things that i didnt like..........the downpipe is a massive 5 inchs and my exhuast is a measly 4 inchs and that the bolts for the exhuast manifold are a retarded HEX bolt which i think will make problems later on when trying to find a big enough hex socket to fit it.....thinking of buying aftermarket bolts because there was noting special that looked about them...
Old 08-06-2005, 11:37 AM

here some pics of the STREET BD KIT that he said they installed on a past truck..............

i finally got my trucks pictures loaded on the computer and thought i throw up some picks of the latest looks on her...........

the tire in the back is the stock chrome rim that use to be on the truck i spent like 4 hours one day high speed polishing that dang rim back to showroom look.......its to make the 5th wheel not look so dull back there in the back of the truck.....
Old 08-06-2005, 11:43 AM

Arent those pictures of Power by Poole twins??
You can see the lettering on the bottom of one of the cold pipes?

That is a B2 on the bottom of the twins you have pictured and a Dodgezilla HX35/40 hybrid on the top (HOLSET).

Quick Reply: Cheapest place to get Twin Setup