Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Centramatics

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Centramatics

I just ordered a set for my truck. Anybody use them? If they balance out as well as advertised, it's well worth the money. I just paid 97.00 for mount and bal on the wifes truck with 36's!!!
I could reduce that to about 20.00 if I don't need a balance. And they stay around forever, I woun't lose the balance, and I can keep them if i sold the truck (which I'll never do).
What ya guys think?
www.centramatic.com
Old 01-23-2004, 05:10 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Interesting. Let us know how they work out.

CR
Old 01-23-2004, 07:35 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I've used Centramatics in the past but http://www.counteractbalancing.com/ do just as well for $6/tire
Old 01-23-2004, 08:28 PM
Chapter President

Do I understand that with either products, you can remove the weights currenty on the wheels and let one of these do the balancing while you drive?

CR
Old 01-23-2004, 09:58 PM
Banned

I do run the Centramatics and yes they work. I how ever did not remove the weights from my tires, that part of it just does not make sense to me. I have found them to be great on the highway, there is absolutely no vibration either in the steering wheel or seat. I run 255-85-16's and it is pretty normal to have to add 2,3 maybe 4 onces of weight to get them balanced. I have a set of BFG M/T's and they were all in the 2-3 oz range. I also have a set of Trxus M/T's and they were ALl 2-3 also with one at 5 oz. With your larger 36" tires I would think 5-7 ounces would be the standard? I don't see how it would help to not have the tires balanced, there is enough weight to smooth out several onces of out-of-balance, but I do not think there would be enough to do it by it's self. I may be wrong, but they were not that heave. Any way good luck and let everyone know how they worked, I hope you are as pleased as I am.
Old 02-04-2004, 04:53 PM

Well, I tried them and now I have to send them back cause they didn't work for me. I had a new set of tires put on my truck and told the tire shop not to balance cause the centramatics are supposed to do the job up to like 12oz of correction. I know that my tires aren't that bad. I drove them home with the old weights on (the tire shop didn't remove them) and was surprised at how much they did not shake. Just a little bit at higher speeds (60+). The balancers didn't help at all so I went back home and pulled the weights off the wheels and still, they did not help. I am running a large tire that roads well and usually doesn't take much weight to balance.
the good news is that when I called them, no hassle on the return. I think I'll end up eating some shipping but I guess it was worth it to find out. I'd be mad if I had spent $50+ to have them balanced in the first place, removed the weights and had to re-balance now.
Old 02-04-2004, 04:55 PM
Chapter President

Thanks for the update..................

CR
Old 02-04-2004, 06:27 PM
Banned

It is a shame they didn't work for you, but at least now you know. I love them, they are very smooth. I did not do as they suggested, I had my tires balanced and then add the centramatics. What they wanted did not make sense to me, I just figured they were trying to sell more by people thinking they would save money on balancing? Any how I like them, and would not recommend to anyone, THAT THEY BUY THEM THINKING THEY WILL NOT NEED TO BALANCE THERE TIRES.
Old 02-08-2004, 03:21 PM

Originally posted by DynamicalyUnstable
Well, I tried them and now I have to send them back cause they didn't work for me. I had a new set of tires put on my truck and told the tire shop not to balance cause the centramatics are supposed to do the job up to like 12oz of correction. I know that my tires aren't that bad. I drove them home with the old weights on (the tire shop didn't remove them) and was surprised at how much they did not shake. Just a little bit at higher speeds (60+). The balancers didn't help at all so I went back home and pulled the weights off the wheels and still, they did not help. I am running a large tire that roads well and usually doesn't take much weight to balance.
the good news is that when I called them, no hassle on the return. I think I'll end up eating some shipping but I guess it was worth it to find out. I'd be mad if I had spent $50+ to have them balanced in the first place, removed the weights and had to re-balance now.
If your tires are not round they will not help. Many tires have some runout.