Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Center seat subwoofer

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But, there is room behind the seat, right? What if you fold it up, still room?

I just can't see how there is room behind there

Thanks,
Chris
Old 12-08-2004, 01:14 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sig 600, I was in the same spot you are in, I couldn't see where I would have enough room either. I ended up putting the amp under the back seat. You could also see if you have enough room under you front seats.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:22 PM

There is lots of room when you put the seat up actually I have engineered this out no worries 2 3 JL amps back there 2 years lots of stereo comps etc no probs. You need to mount them near the bottom of the wall to give enough room no worries there is lots of space.
Old 12-08-2004, 02:08 PM

I think there must be a different amount of space with a '95 and an '02. I have a '95 and can't imagine putting an amp behind there.
Old 12-08-2004, 02:35 PM

Not sure maybe they changed the seat design there is plenty of room in mine its in warm storage or I would take a picture for ya.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:38 PM

Signature600, definitely post photos! That would be great to see. I have a 95 reg cab, ST, vinyl flooring, etc., and use the behind-the-seat area for a high lift jack, tire chains, tow chains, tools, etc. so I'm interested in keeping everything up out of the way from damage. Very interested in that center-seat box and how it works out.
Dave
Old 12-25-2004, 08:46 PM

TTT

Inquiring minds want to know!!!
Old 12-26-2004, 11:20 AM

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Kepp your pant's on

Been busy, but will hopefully get to it this week. Trucks in the shop for a clutch, tranny "freshening," exhaust brake, and all that other stuff I've been putting off installing.

We'll just see how much of it I actually get done

Chris
Old 12-28-2004, 08:32 PM

I have a JL stealthbox in my 99, with Infinity 6 1/2" seperates in the front and rear doors. I cut a piece of 1/2" MDF to fit the back wall after I pulled out the rear seat. I mounted the MDF to the cab with 4 90 der shelf brackets about 2" long. The lower ones are bolted to the floor, and the upper ones I bent in my vice to fit to the support rail under the rear window. I mounted my crossovers and 2 JL amps (500 x4 and 250 x 1) to the board, dowm low , the bottom of the amps are about 2 1/2" from the floor. The rear seat will fold up, but you really have to muscle it to compress the lower seat cushion around the amps. What I did do though is I did NOT hook the upper part of the seat (The two tangs on the seat back) through the footman loops welded to the back wall. this way I can fold the top of the seat down which makes a nice package shelf. It is jute covered, I plan on making a new cover for the back of the seat with black formica on 1/8" plywood. I am currently using Velcor on the seat back to hold it up when no one is sitting back there. this way I will be able to have 3 configurations, seat, package tray, and seat folded up for larger packages. I will try to get some pics tomorrow. Peace Murf

BTW my wife likes sitting in the middle when the stereo is blasting, even with the lack of padding with the JL box. Dont understand why.........OH!! Nevermind
Old 01-13-2005, 06:32 PM

Chris,

Any news on how this box works?
Old 01-14-2005, 06:55 AM

You guys just won't leave me alone, will you!

I'm still too lazy and busy to put it in. I've got a new headliner ordered for the truck, and if it comes in, I will put it in.

BUT, if it doesn't come today, I might go ahead and put that sub in, just for you guys! Now that I've said that, I WILL GO AHEAD AND PUT IT IN THIS WEEKEND. I'll let you know as soon as I listen to it.

Chris
Old 01-14-2005, 04:59 PM

BUT, if it doesn't come today, I might go ahead and put that sub in, just for you guys!

Chris [/B]
What a team player
Old 01-15-2005, 10:22 AM

SUB IS IN!!!

BUT, NOT WIRED UP!!!

I plan on stick my amp in there this afternoon, or evening, not sure how long I have to work.

Install was fairly easy. Remove center seat, take off armrests and brackets, re-install on sub box, and bolt box back in. My box was a tight fit between the brackets, 'cause I'm runnin' a JL 12w6 and he had to put a big spacer in their to fit, but it fit.

First impressions: 1. It raises the armrest height (~1.5-2" on mine, not sure if that is on all of them or not, big sub again ) I like the extra height, but I am told by others that I have short arms (I don't think it's true but )
2. If you have a 94-97 and a Geno's Cup Holder, YOUR SHIFTER WILL HIT THE CUP HOLDER. Mine hit and I have a late-model shifter (short pattern), AND a BD short shift.
I don't know if the 98-02 will hit the cup holder or not, the cup holder is shaped a little different. I have one I may try to "customize" to make fit, or put in a floor console like the later trucks. Don't know.

Any questions (you'd better have, you've been badgering me for a month now
)
Chris
Old 01-15-2005, 11:23 AM

Chris, thanks for the run down. I have an 02 eth/dee witht the Geno's smoothie so I'll check to see how much clearance I have between the center section and the shift lever (stock no short shift) and post the info. If the box was to be built for a 10" sub would it sit down lower? I'm assuming it would. Thanks again Phil
Old 01-15-2005, 02:49 PM

Like I said, I don't know for sure, but I would think so. A 12w6 like mine is 7.25" deep, most 10's are ~6-6.5" (close, maybe, depends on which one)

I think a later model with a smoothie will clear, I need to try to make the one out of my Uncle's old 2000 fit mine and see.

Any more?
Chris

Quick Reply: Center seat subwoofer