Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Canning the Superchip

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 07:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Canning the Superchip

Okay, so I have made up my mind to can the Superchip, but I am not sure which way I want to go. I am going to intall a MAD ECM. Not sure if I want the Edge EZ stacked with something else or just get an Edge Comp.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:31 AM
Muted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An EZ with the MAD ECM is fairly pointless. marco makes two versions of the MAD one with his standard timing curve and one with less timing for use with Edge Comp boxes. Since the EZ is Comp box timing but no additional fueling, you would need the de-tuned MAD ECM and would gain nothing and perhaps even loose some with less timing in the ECM only to have the EZ add some timing. It should be noted that the MAD ECM timing curve is more agressive than the one in an EZ, according to what I have read over on the other forum.

Now with the Comp and the wire tapped, its adding lots more fuel, and this stacked with the de-tuned MAD ECM is a very poular setup and makes good sense.

If you get one of the fueling only (no timing) boxes, then you can run the standard version of the MAD ECM. Setups like the TST PM3 and the MAD ECM are very popular and guys have made big power with them.

Personally, I am going to sell my TST PM3 and my EZ and get a MAD ECM and probably nothing else... If I do put an additional box one, it will be one where I can adjust fueling and timing seperately, like the Blue Chip FMS...

Kevin