Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Can you put an Air/Fuel Gauge on a 12v??

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you put an Air/Fuel Gauge on a 12v??

Hey I was wondering if I could put an air/fuel gauge on my 12v... I think they're electric gauges, so where would I hook it up? There's no computer on a 12v right?
Old 06-15-2006, 10:23 PM

Diesels use a pyrometer in the exhaust manifold to measure Exhaust Gas Temperature or EGT.
Air fuel ratio is easily done with a visual on your right mirror. If the truck smokes you need more air.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:19 AM
Banned

Talking

Originally Posted by Fueling around
Diesels use a pyrometer in the exhaust manifold to measure Exhaust Gas Temperature or EGT.
Air fuel ratio is easily done with a visual on your right mirror. If the truck smokes you need more air.
i think what you really mean is.... "IF IT DONT SMOKE, YOU NEED MORE FUEL!!"
SORRY! had to be done!
Old 06-16-2006, 09:29 AM

The air fuel meters are worthless even in cars, unless you get a wide band. But in any case they hook up to an oxygen sensor which your truck doesn't have. Diesels are always running lean, unless its blowing out smoke which most of us are. lol So unless you just want something that flashes worthless green and red lights don't waiste your money.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:31 AM
Banned

Yeah I wouldn't spend the money on one either, they are more for gassers anyhow!! Like said above........no smoke you're lean........LOTS of smoke you're VERY RICH

~Nick
Old 06-16-2006, 01:58 PM

Haha... Yeah, I didn't think it would work either. But I have an extra space on my triple gauge pod and I wanted to fill it up. I'm going with a tranny temp gauge... I ordered one from hptrucks on ebay. It's been about a month!! I'm ******...
Old 10-26-2006, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by wcbcruzer
Haha... Yeah, I didn't think it would work either. But I have an extra space on my triple gauge pod and I wanted to fill it up. I'm going with a tranny temp gauge... I ordered one from hptrucks on ebay. It's been about a month!! I'm ******...
I'm waiting almost a month on a intake from hptrucks ,on ebay ,not recommended
Old 10-27-2006, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Maui Steve
I'm waiting almost a month on a intake from hptrucks ,on ebay ,not recommended
I ended up requesting a refund. It took way too long!! I tried calling for 3 days straight, no one would pick up. So I sent about 4 emails only to hear back telling me to call them. So I called and someone finally answered. Then they hung up on me when I politely asked for a refund! I had to call twice. I couldn't believe the lady actually hung up on me, so I called back and said we got disconnected. She was like: "yea, i heard you..."

At least, they gave me a full refund with shipping. Apparently they've been getting a lot of neg. feedback during that period. Don't know about now, but I would never deal with them again.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by wcbcruzer
I ended up requesting a refund. It took way too long!! I tried calling for 3 days straight, no one would pick up. So I sent about 4 emails only to hear back telling me to call them. So I called and someone finally answered. Then they hung up on me when I politely asked for a refund! I had to call twice. I couldn't believe the lady actually hung up on me, so I called back and said we got disconnected. She was like: "yea, i heard you..."

At least, they gave me a full refund with shipping. Apparently they've been getting a lot of neg. feedback during that period. Don't know about now, but I would never deal with them again.
I Started a thread on here about them warning anyone here about them and it was removed?hptrucks has over 300 neg feedbacks I was just trying to save some guys on this site our head aches I'm still waiting a month later on a buy it now?
Old 10-27-2006, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Maui Steve
I Started a thread on here about them warning anyone here about them and it was removed?hptrucks has over 300 neg feedbacks I was just trying to save some guys on this site our head aches I'm still waiting a month later on a buy it now?
Honostly just call them up and get a refund. I doubt they'll send you your item.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:19 PM

To answer the original question, yes you COULD put an air-fuel ratio meter on ANY ENGINE but like previously stated....won't do jack ****.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
An air/fuel gage basically measures exhaust temp in a gasser. the leaner the a/f ratio, the higher exhaust temp, the richer ratios lower exhaust temp.