Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Can I stack an Edge EZ w/ Hypertech programmer or Superchips tuner

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 04:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can I stack an Edge EZ w/ Hypertech programmer or Superchips tuner

Okay, this may be crazy, but I want to know if anyone has tried this or has any recommendations. I don't want to blow anything up.

A big reason why I am interested in a tuner or programmer is because I can reprogram the tire size in the ECM myself. I am getting ready to buy some 315s and want to recalibrate for the new tires. I know I can buy the Tru-Speed for that, but at $180 plus shipping, I wonder if it wouldn't be better to spend an extra $100 and get a programmer. Then I'd have the other functions like Diag code display and maybe even a little more power to turn those big tires.

Would this combo advance the timing too much? I tow with this truck in the summer and I don't need the extra power that much if it's gonna be a bad combination. On the other hand, if they make a good combo, it might be a nice little power boost so I don't get bogged down trying to tow with 35s.

I did a search and saw some people had tried other combos like a Hypertech and Van Aaken, but not this one.

Any info or opinions would be appreciated.
Old 02-09-2004, 07:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Follow this post also. About the 3rd post down.
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...threadid=38913
Old 02-09-2004, 10:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Bill. How long have you been running that combo?
Old 02-09-2004, 11:07 PM

Only a couple of weeks. I did bring it home like that after the new tranny upgrade. From Fort Walton Beach Florida to Suffolk Va (about 900 miles). I really enjoyed the ride. I had the superchips on there on way down and got a good deal on the EZ at Suncoast. So they added the EZ and I left the Superchips program in there. I can feel the difference. I hope to get some dyno numbers at the next Chapter meet.
Old 02-11-2004, 01:58 PM
Muted User

I would definetly recommend the superchips tuner over the hypertech tuner. I've ran them both and the hypertech was junk. made my truck run real crappy... it would be at like 15lbs of boost cruising down the freeway. Where i work we've seen good power on the dyno with the superchips tuner stacked with comp boxes. Although we haven't done an edge ez it is essentially a comp without the pump wire pierced. I've your planning on getting something to fix the speedo anyways, I would go with the superchips tuner. Also the hypertech programmer i had didn't have the feature to adjust tire size. its like it wasn't in there. But it might have been because we were testing it for them.