Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Can I beat a stock d-max

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea ive had my truck since 2005 and put the edge intake exhaust on and for two and a half years it ran great then started slipping and bit so i put a valve body in, then ended up doing injectors and water methanal and still held for another year and a half then. i figured drive it till it breaks so i did... well it never did actually stop working it just redlined when i would give it light throttle going 40 up a hill. and my vp is still strong. the shop i go to says i might have the strongest stock cummins they sow. lol i doubt it but i still cant believe what i put the transmission through and it held up that long. its kinda cool seeing the difference between the stock trans with all the upgrades and now a billet trans. what a huge gain in power!
Old 01-25-2009, 07:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lil Dog
. Either rigs take planning and good parts to break 500 hp and be able to use it.

Amen to that!
Old 01-25-2009, 10:10 PM

i beg to differ my friend has a 05 with the smarty revo on level 9 mp-8 and water methanal and his is at 499.82 and another one with just mp-a and smarty and he is at 489.6 so on the common rail trucks it easy
Old 01-25-2009, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by powermad
i beg to differ my friend has a 05 with the smarty revo on level 9 mp-8 and water methanal and his is at 499.82 and another one with just mp-a and smarty and he is at 489.6 so on the common rail trucks it easy
That's using drugs. #2 only is where it's at
Old 01-25-2009, 11:07 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Got Juice?
Oh Brother!... Does flywheel HP count? Drug free here...
Old 01-26-2009, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Lil Dog
Oh Brother!... Does flywheel HP count? Drug free here...
Well, first the thread started as..'beating a stock Duramax... then it went to transmissions.... then it went to tuning.....etc etc....
Old 01-26-2009, 11:37 AM
Banned

Not quite Identical.
yesss they are mister. :

I used LLY wrist pins and cut LB7 pistons when I built my engine.

ben
Old 01-26-2009, 02:04 PM
The Guru

Its that old arguement of only #2 or with stuff. At the end of the day, as long as the duramax is behind you dreaming about a dodge, its a good day. Its getting old seeing almost nearly stock trucks blast out big HP or fast et's with a bottle. I just like seeing any diesel truck put up big numbers or low et's. No bottle or not...Its just a very good day when its my truck that wins an event and its hasn't happened yet. So my fingers are still crossed.

Lil dog, your truck is so clean you could get it dirty once in while. At least once and join us mortals.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:51 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
Lil dog, your truck is so clean you could get it dirty once in while. At least once and join us mortals.
Geeze.. You won't stop till I blow coolant all over the place hey? If I move on another truck this one will be clear for........Twins......
Old 01-26-2009, 03:05 PM
The Guru

I like that idea buddy. I would like to see 97 sweetie put a big hurt on a juiced up duraweak. I have to feed the fire some days. Why wait for TWINS...
Old 01-26-2009, 03:35 PM

ive got a 06 dmax with gutted exhaust and my wifes cummins with gutted exhaust and a quadzilla will tear the dmax's head off and come back for more

my buddy has cummins with tha 6 spd and from a light its by by to him but from a 60-70 punch they are neck and neck unless i kick the dmax into 5th but when i hit 95 he comes back around

i must just have a slow dmax work truck
Old 01-26-2009, 04:50 PM

still the guy with the same set up minus water meth did 489 on fuel only with a smarty and mp8
Old 01-26-2009, 05:53 PM
The Guru

Every Dmax I've run, has my good view of rear bumper and have choked on my smoke trail. Somedays its fun to play with them. I even gave one four truck lengths passed him and waved as I drove by. He had to buy beer that night. Buddies with new trucks, they make me laugh.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by bullwhipjkg
ive got a 06 dmax with gutted exhaust and my wifes cummins with gutted exhaust and a quadzilla will tear the dmax's head off and come back for more

my buddy has cummins with tha 6 spd and from a light its by by to him but from a 60-70 punch they are neck and neck unless i kick the dmax into 5th but when i hit 95 he comes back around

i must just have a slow dmax work truck
Try chipping the DMX

If you dare might not like the results though..... some Dodges don't like watching GM tail lights.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Chapter President

Try chipping the DMX

If you dare might not like the results though..... some Dodges don't like watching GM tail lights.
Is there something about the tranny's that has changed? I have been keeping tabs as the EMSI has one and I have been told, 120 is the limit on the stock setup.. True or not?

Quick Reply: Can I beat a stock d-max