Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Calling all experts

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 07:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Calling all experts

Ok guys I need your help here.
It looks like I hurt the HG in my truck and I need to decide if I continue down this 24v path.
For quite some time (since I found the knowledge on this site)I have considered picking up a 98 12v and swapping engines and reselling off the 98
What I would like to know from those that know is what other items need to be changed ? I know it seems like a lot of work but I bought the truck new and it only has 60k on it and is in absolutly perfect condition. I have lost all confidence in the 24v electronics and have been stranded twice (not to mention the cost of the IPs) due to them. I know the twins kit will fit the 12v so it would be just a matter of finding a suitable doner, pulling the engine
and dragging the head and pump over to Piers (Orings and stuff ) and doing the swap. Too much effort? What do you think? What type of problems do you know of?
Thanks
Old 10-22-2005, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dont be scared
Old 10-23-2005, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slap a ppump on the 24v and kick the electronics to the curb. You already know the truck's pcm exists for the 98 12v, it shouldn't be that much to switch over electrically. Plus, you wouldn't be loosing a 60k-mile, one-owner truck.

brandon.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by joefarmer
Slap a ppump on the 24v and kick the electronics to the curb. You already know the truck's pcm exists for the 98 12v, it shouldn't be that much to switch over electrically. Plus, you wouldn't be loosing a 60k-mile, one-owner truck.

brandon.

Nonono, what I ment was buy another truck and swap engines and keep my truck. and resell the doner as a 24v. I didnt put much thought into a conversion just due to the fact there was a few people that had done it and it seemed like it was a PITA. Figured if I did the engine swap myself after all was said and done I should be able to sell the doner truck for what I paid for it(or close) and I would be able to swap any parts nessesary. I have no idea what if any parts are different like gauges in the dash? PCM? Trans computer moduals? ect. so I was hoping a few members would chime in and give me the heads up on parts that they know are different.