Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Calling all Adrenaline owners preferably near Reading PA

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Calling all Adrenaline owners preferably near Reading PA

HI i just got a adrenaling with pulse from somebody on here
and after a 1 hour or so it is hooked up problem is It doesn't feel as fast as ir was, with my old chip, (Superchip d-box) not really good at all

the Reason I ask for somebody local is I would be willing to pay somebody to help me out here, as the guy at Quadzilla didn't seem to want to help me very much, the only thing not hooked up so far is the oil or trans temp thats it,

Ir lights up and has reading for fuel pressure, boost, EGTS

Also the fuel pressure seems too high, 34 ish atr idle, with a stock lift pump,

any idea, maybe I could call somebody ?
Old 08-09-2009, 11:37 PM

nobody maybe somebody not so local who would be willing to talk me through this nightmare>
Old 08-10-2009, 10:05 AM

Most likely you do not have the pump wire tapped correct. That is 99.9% of all installation problems.

Also you need to make sure you have a good solid ground and make certain that the red/white wire is on the correct fuse.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:41 AM

i did a continuity test on the tapped wire connection is good also the ground is straight to the battery and the other one goes to the #9 fuse,

it lights up and works like a guage cluster allows me to change parameters but I feel 0 power none at all, I will put it this way, my old superchip d-box which I still have walks all over this, and it only has a gain of like 65 h.p. or so
Old 08-12-2009, 09:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Might try a new tune? I had a problem with mine for a while where it just up and would quit making power, it lit up and looked like it was doing something though. I would unhook the power to it then start the truck w/o it hooked up, shut the truck back off and hook it up and it was good to go for a couple months. I have no idea what the heck the problem was but after my last tune update it has been good since.

Chris
Old 08-12-2009, 01:04 PM

I am looking into a new tune I gotta get the USD cord as I bought this used w/o one, I never thought this would be that hard to make work even on a lesser power level, not needing it to max out but seat of the pant feel would be nice.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It is the same USB cord most digital cameras use, I leave my camera cord and adrenaline cord plugged into my rear USB ports and have accidentally plugged in and used the wrong one without even noticing and loaded the tune and all, works fine. You should be able to go to wally world and get one for a couple dollars.

Chris
Old 08-22-2009, 08:43 PM

If you feel the power level increase on 1 and 2, and no increase on level three and above there is no signal to the vp.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:12 PM

If you bought it from someone on here then it might have an old tune, pre April 09, 2009. Some of those old tunes had a bug in them that would work for a little while then cut off power to stock or so, or they wouldn't work at all. Downloading a new tune from the site would be the best place to start.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:53 AM

Yeah I kinda gave up on this POS I have a old *** superchip dbox that walks all over this and it is technology from 2000 2001, I appreciate the help on the phone nate and will try to download a new program, but dont feel too confident about it helping at all. and truthfully at this point, I pu tthe superchip back in and the novelity has worn off of having a good power gain like Quad claims.

i would think that the stock settings would work without a glitch at any time, and possibly the custom tunes would be the ones with the problems, then I wouldn't be so ******. but i am telling you guys this is hooked up right I did a continuity test on the green wire to the vp and it it hooked up in the right spot with good connection, no power gain on 1 -2-3- any settings, my superchip had alittle smoke when you would stomp it this has no trace of extra fuel. at all
Old 08-24-2009, 10:05 AM

So you buy something used and then you are mad at me because you don't think it works right?

Worse case scenario you should send it in here and get it checked out? There might be something wrong with it? The wiring harness might have an issue, the box could have a problem? Who knows?

If you see all the stuff that people do to these things you would not be suprised and you might not buy something used!

Trust me, you either get it installed correct on the correct wire or get it fixed and you will throw the d-box in the garbage.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:37 AM

Have you updated the adrenaline box? When I had an issue I took my box to the quad guys in fort worth and they were very helpfull fixed my issue on the spot. the quad adrenaline on my 02 cummins gives me insaine power cant keep the tires hooked to the pavement I am extreamly pleased with my quad!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2009, 03:11 PM

it is easy to say something is not installed corectly because that s the easy thing to do , truth is the unit is working as far as a guage cluster can, it isn't really that difficult to hook it up it has a fuel pressure (transducer) so you screw it into the banjo adapter bolt, which was already there from my old guages, now my fuel pressure reads 24-32 psi at idle, when my older pillar guage would sit at the normal 14-16 (stock new lift pump)

next was the exhaust probe how hard is that I already had one of those

12+ and grounds were next along with the #9 fuse ign. wire the the green wire tap into VP which i did a cont. test on to determine it has a good connection, also soldered by the way,

so it is determined it is hooked up right, my issue is that I have to go download an update which is where I will most likely screw something up like alot of others on here.

this was sent back in may of this year from what I can tell because there was an RA on the box so that should take care of that theory.

once again, I feel 0 power gain on any level at all, not looking for the max h.p. setting because my fuel pumps are not upgraded, but some increase would be awesome

I have done searches where people were alot worse than me when it comes to this , I was looking for a local guy to compare settings to. i feel a sensible thing to do so this doesn't go in the trash where you think the d box (10y.o. technology) should be,

I bought this so i can have enough fuel for the twins down the road , and I heard alot of good things about the adren. but what I am seeing now is that instead of being understaning and helpful i get well it has to be hooked up wrong , hell Jeremy at your tech number didn't seem to even want to answer any questions at all Maybe because it was used I dont know

what you should n't do is get sarcastic when your product, is the one, alot of people are bitching about. honestly after seeing your attempt at trying to be funny I believe i will remove the Piece of Dung with you name tag on it. and reinstall something that works , unfortunately i cant resell something that doesn't work with a good conscience, to another unsuspecting customer, so I guess I am out 500$
Old 08-27-2009, 11:14 AM

I downloaded a new program and installed it, i have more features on the pulse monitor such as water temp, something called backdown, so I know it is loaded, still no power, *** no power on 1 or 2 or anything else, there needs to be some sort of legal recourse for people who aren't happy with these units and I know i am not the only one. no comment from qzilla except the pump tap wire
Old 08-27-2009, 11:22 AM

Once again, we are talking about something that is used. You did not buy it new.

I am not going to be able to help you until you decide to call in and have it sent back.

There must be some reason you are not wanting to do that? It could have been checked, fixed,or replaced under warranty (if it is under warranty etc.) and back on your truck by now.

3 days ago, I posted it was either tapped on the wrong wire (which a continuity test will not tell you) or you might have to send it in.

When you buy used, you get used stuff. I cannot vouch for the previous owner, where it is has been or if it was working when he removed it?

Quick Reply: Calling all Adrenaline owners preferably near Reading PA