Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Which cab lights?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Our Cabs Have The Holes Under The Roof Skin So Its Not That Hard To Figure Out Where They Go Then You Just Measure Starting With The Center One After You Center It Not That Hard To Do Just Takes Time To Get Them Perfect.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:44 PM

You'll either need to get a factory harness for your clearance lights, or make one up if you don't have the factory lights, if you go with the Recon lights that is. They just have a pigtail coming out of them that plugs into the factory sockets. I myself have the smoked 3rd gen lights. I didn't go with them so much for the looks of the 3rd gens but because whoever had the truck before me put lights on it for a chevy, and the mounting holes were spaced like the 3rd gens.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:36 PM

I'm fixin to install a third set... the first set i put in i went to all the trouble of getting a harness out of the salvage, and the second set i did not. honestly time wise i did not save anything by going with the factory harness. so I'm gonna build a harness for this one as well. I drop the headliner completly out and use a 3/8 drill for the first set of holes. I drill from the inside going out and i have found that a craftman 7/8 3/8 dr. fits the precut holes inside perfectly i use the 3/8 bit through the 3/8 drive in the socket to perfectly center my holes in the roof. after they are drilled I apply masking tape generously over the holes ( i use this for two reasons (1) it keeps all the burrs from scratching the paint up(2) i use plenty so the cab lights can be marked out on it. I then take a 7/8 step drill and slowly go through the 3/8 hole from the top of the roof this will leave a fairly clean hole in your roof. then take a piece of line( i personally use fishing line) and tie off at the center of the rear bumper. run over the top of the truck and line up dead center of the grill emblem. center line with thrd brake light and tape off then center it in the center hole and tape off. this will have your first one centered and it should be dead nuts on. lay marker light on roof and measure 4 inches back from windshield moulding center holes in lights with fishing line taped over cab and use a pin punch and theres the first ones mounting location. midlle three shoud be 4 inches back from rubber and i beleive the mounting bolts will be 8 1/4 inches apart. the outer lights will be 41/4 inches back from the moulding and should be about 13 3/8 from last center lights mounting holes to the outboard running lights mounting holes. just remember measure twice cut once and you'll be fine. my first set took me about 3 hours start to finish ... last set took me only two hours. Just take your time relax. Both the sets i have done have turned out great no silicone needed, and no waterleaks, And i have never installed a set on anything else. the wiring is easy as well use a short self tapping screw and a eyelet... ground to inner roof panel. Then run one wire down the pillar post and connect into the black wire with yellow tracer coming out of headlight switch.