Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

BullyDog Torque Dog??!! Anyone? read....

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question BullyDog Torque Dog??!! Anyone? read....

Anyone running a BullyDog Torque Dog on their truck??? What do you think about it or have heard about it??? Have it stacked with anything else??? Looking at getting one and selling my Edge, it really screwed my PCM up and other stuff. Thanks for the help!
Old 12-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Chapter President

I had one on mine before I got the Quad box. Really liked it. EGT's were very manageable and the two stages were useful. Good hit on the high setting. For just a timing box very effective. I would not hesitate.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:28 PM

Had it before I got my juice with att it was ok but I prefer the juice
Old 12-09-2007, 12:01 AM

I've had a B/Dog Torque Dog, an XZT+ and an Edge EZ. I liked the B/Dog the best out of all of them. IMO, it had the most power and the smoothest power out of all of them that I tried. It also gave me the most MPG out of the 3. How did the Edge screw up ur truck?? Just curious.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:28 PM

Ok well I'm glad to hear about that one. What about stacking the Smarty with it, on even numbers only??? Anyone stacked thier Bully Dog Torque Dog?? What with? I'm looking at doing that instead of changing injectors on it.

My mechanic gave me like a 2 hour lesson on how Dodge's electronics worked and flowed in the truck, when the Edge was tapped into different wires, it changed the flow of electronics, also it didn't send messages to the PCM it actually overrode the PCM completely and over time just wore it out(the PCM) Cause the PCM was trying to function and the edge module kept shutting it down and overriding it. So it then kicked the truck into limp mode when the trany got to a certain temp, on the factory temp sensor. Overall it's the electronics on the truck and you have to tap into so many od them or plug and unplug so many of them on the Juice. When I was at my mech. shop he had an 05 Ford come in same deal, the Ford house wont touch it, neither would the place he had the edge installed on.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:58 PM

My mechanic gave me like a 2 hour lesson on how Dodge's electronics worked and flowed in the truck, when the Edge was tapped into different wires, it changed the flow of electronics, also it didn't send messages to the PCM it actually overrode the PCM completely and over time just wore it out(the PCM) Cause the PCM was trying to function and the edge module kept shutting it down and overriding it.
Well, don't always believe everything ya hear.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:43 PM

Yeah, that's true too. I do know tons of hotshotters around here that are hauling in same rigs as mine and have had my mech do everything to thier trucks and not one problem at all. They're super pleased, so I'm going to give it a try.