Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Bully Dog Torque plate

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bully Dog Torque plate

I have a 97 4x4 with 252000. I recently had 4" pipes an AFE Breather and a stage 4 Bully Dog Torque Plate put on. It runs like a champ better than I ever expected and the milage is better but it really blows the black smoke. Way too much and is blackening my rear quarterpanel. Is there a way to back it off just a little?
Old 11-04-2005, 05:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Woolybooger
I have a 97 4x4 with 252000. I recently had 4" pipes an AFE Breather and a stage 4 Bully Dog Torque Plate put on. It runs like a champ better than I ever expected and the milage is better but it really blows the black smoke. Way too much and is blackening my rear quarterpanel. Is there a way to back it off just a little?
Welcome to DTR!!

what ypu can do is get into the injector pump where the plate goes and just remove the four screws to get to it, The screws hold down the AFC housing, remove the 4 screws and then you will see the torque plate. Once u see that torque plate loosen both screws and you can adjust the plate position, move it back towards the steering column. You can also even "fine adjust" the smoke. On top of the AFC housing you will see a hex screw, remove that and you can access the "starwheel" that is sort of the lower boost control and smoke control on the lower end of the torque spectrum. If you loosen it, you will have more smoke and lower end, if you tighten it, you will have just the inverse, no real performance gains can be expected from starwheel adjust...

Tx
Old 11-14-2005, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info I will try the fixes. I the Bully dog Torque plate basically the same as the "fuel plate" I am reading about other places?