Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Bully dog big fuel kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bully dog big fuel kit

Hey I'm planning on buying the bully dog big fuel kit and I was just wondering how easy or difficult it is to install? and how long it takes? (and I'm not really a mechanic so........)
Old 09-04-2006, 11:45 AM

1 hour jobs for others are usually a 2 day job for me and I did a simular install in a day. It helps if there's not much fuel in the tank. Hardest part was reaching the bolts to remove the old lp.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Ph4tty
1 hour jobs for others are usually a 2 day job for me and I did a simular install in a day. It helps if there's not much fuel in the tank. Hardest part was reaching the bolts to remove the old lp.
why do you have to remove the old lp? doesnt the bullydog kit work with the original lp? my fuel pump set up is a knock off of the bullydog kit as per the installation instuctions and it hooks into the old lp, until my lp died.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:58 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have this kit and love it. I am running both pumps and get about 23psi idle 15 WOT. hardest part is getting to the top of the tank to make the connection, if you aren't too big you can squeeze between the tire and frame to get at the top of the tank.
I ran a relay triggered off the stock LP to run the Holley blue.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:25 PM
Banned

Aggree with everyone else. Took about 2 hrs for me, Hardest part for me was unhooking old line from the tank or should i say reaching it. I mounted mine on the outside of the frame, which i plan on moving to the inside but was pressed for time. I've seen steady pressure over 25 @ idle and no lower than about 13 @ wot.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by dieseldodge
why do you have to remove the old lp? doesnt the bullydog kit work with the original lp? my fuel pump set up is a knock off of the bullydog kit as per the installation instuctions and it hooks into the old lp, until my lp died.
I used a vulcan kit to relocate a new lift pump, which is why I said it was a simular install.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Ph4tty
I used a vulcan kit to relocate a new lift pump, which is why I said it was a simular install.

you kinda had me wondering, thought maybe i messed up or something
Old 09-07-2006, 07:54 PM

how did u run the relay from the old lift pump to the blue.i got the hoses from this kit installed and the blue on the frame just havent wired or run the hoses to it.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by daniel
how did u run the relay from the old lift pump to the blue.i got the hoses from this kit installed and the blue on the frame just havent wired or run the hoses to it.
depends on what side is triggered when the key is turned on. if its the hot side, you can look on the bottom of your lp where the connector goes and it has a + and -. tap into the wire for the + side of the wire harness and run the wire to the coil (load) side of your relay and then the another wire from the other side of the coil on the relay to ground. if its the gound side, then run a power wire to the relay coil side and the other side if the coil gets tapped into the - wire on the harness. then run a good power wire from the battery to the one of the "switch" side of the relay, then from the other side of the "switch" goes to your pumps +. my wording probably stinks, sorry, not real good at explaining. better showing.