Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

bullet proof front end parts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bullet proof front end parts?

After having some serious brake issues, in less than 5k miles of having all rotors and pads replaced by the dealership on my '02 with under 20k miles total. I now have some serious front end pop. While I haven't torn into it yet to find out if it is the track bar, the ball joints or u joint/cv joints. I figured I'd post up here early with the question of where to get some super high quality aftermarket front end parts for these trucks. I'm willing to pay for parts that will be able to last more than a year with my use. Since my truck has no warranty any longer, I've said hello and goodbye to my dealer for the last time (and what kind of mechanic would I be anyway, if I took my own truck in to someone else to get serviced ). So lets here your favorite places to get near bullet proof parts for the front-end of the 2nd gens. Thanks in advance
Old 03-16-2007, 08:56 PM
Banned

I dont think there is a such thing. Try to get all MOOG products, they seem to be the best.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:19 PM
Banned

not sure exactly what parts you are looking for but try solidsteel or thuren...
Old 03-17-2007, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by tony597fitter
I dint think there is a such thing. Try to get all MOOG products, they seem to be the best.
I agree....moog is good....anybody have any input on spicer front end parts?.....My entire front end was tight ( steering completely replaced including the box) 6 months ago. The b-joints looked new and were tight but 20k later they are starting to show some slop. DSS bar was installed 2 weeks ago and the adjustable track bar is sitting in the shop waiting to go in (old one still tight). I do have a vibration @65mph but not convinced its the b-joints. Will rotate tires and see if it changes and post results.

I am slowly falling in love with the potential power of this truck and would really like to eliminate any and all vibrations.....any throughts and suggestions are most welcome.

cheers.......the Tree
Old 03-17-2007, 10:50 AM

anything with grease fittings
Old 03-17-2007, 11:30 AM

Stick with moog from Napa. Greaseable, lifetime warranty. You'll never have to pay for a track bar again. I can't say for sure if balljoints would come with a lifetime warranty, I doubt that. Don't see why u-joints and the likes wouldn't though.

Just don't lose the receipt
Old 03-17-2007, 02:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xtoyz17
Stick with moog from Napa. Greaseable, lifetime warranty. You'll never have to pay for a track bar again. I can't say for sure if balljoints would come with a lifetime warranty, I doubt that. Don't see why u-joints and the likes wouldn't though.

Just don't lose the receipt
what about thuren trackbars?

Although i do agree with you on Moog..

Rick

Trending Topics

Old 03-17-2007, 03:34 PM
Banned

Autozones trackbar is lifetime warranty to for $130. Its the duralast brand but who cares, its still lifetime. Its only 2 bolts to remove and install. I figure this way someone has to make duralast and its not them.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:22 PM

I would go with MOOG all the way for any front end part. That is what I install in my shop and have no problems with warranty. All MOOG parts carry a lifetime warranty unless damaged in an accident. Even if you dont grease them they will still cover them. As far as Spicer front end parts, Spicer and MOOG are the same company, but around my area the Spicer brand is only 1 year on warranty. As far as U joints in the front, go with Spicer, thats all I can get to hold up at all. All the others are worn out within 8 months to 1 year.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i would definatly agree with the moog front end parts,pretty nice stuff
Old 03-18-2007, 06:25 PM

Thanks for all the input guys. MOOG it is, lifetime warranties always sell me, especially if they are actually honored. Now I guess I have no choice but to tear into it, and find out whats making that gawd awful noise.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:01 PM

The lifetime waranty on my MOOG tracbar got cancelled. Oreilly's claimed that bringing it back every 6 months for a replacement was too often.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:43 PM
Banned

I was going to say that about the MOOG trackbars, but it slipped my mind.
That is why I had to go with the AutoZone one, still lifetime. Funny thing is the trackbar from napa that had a 1 year warranty was the same part # as the autozone lifetime one.
Check it out, call both places.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:49 PM

I have 78k on original front end. I am starting to here a "moan" when going down the road. Its not real loud but its there intermitent at 50 plus mph. What do you think it is?
Old 03-19-2007, 04:16 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
The problem with the trackbar on these trucks isn't lack of quality-- it's BAD DESIGN.

You need to convert your track bar to a better setup-- thuren, DT, etc. if you want to have hope of it lasting. The OEM setup is simply wrong-- very poor design that even a non-engineer can see won't last.

Well, I take that back. It *would* last if you never had to flex the front suspension. Hey, maybe that's what i'm doing wrong?

FIX THE PROBLEM-- THE OEM DESIGN.

Dodge really dropped the ball on this one.

jh

Quick Reply: bullet proof front end parts?