Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

buddy gotta siverado ss. what do i gotta do to beat him with my 03 h.o. ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:buddy gotta siverado ss. what do i gotta do to beat him with my 03 h.o. ?

This is easy.

For now an Edge EZ, a set of stage 3 injectors, and an ATS triplelok converter and valve body, w/controller.
AFE air filter/intake.

That will smoke his TRUCK!

--Justin
Old 10-25-2003, 04:27 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Step 1. pull out your wallet.
step 3. call Rod at wildcatdiesel
step 4. Ignore the total price
step 5. Install all the goodies you recive from Rod
step 6. GO SMOKE THAT CHEBY!!!! ;D

All's it takes is a cc and a phone call, Rod will tell ya what you need WITHOUT killing your wallet. 8)
Old 10-25-2003, 04:57 PM

[quote author=02DSLDOG link=board=7;threadid=21473;start=0#msg201357 date=1067117251]
All's it takes is a cc and a phone call, Rod will tell ya what you need WITHOUT killing your wallet. 8)
[/quote]

Heh heh. My wallet's dead after talking with Rod. :- I'm attempting to raise money by selling my other truck so I can get the goodies for a planned 660 HP. I also have a buddy with an SS and he threw a Lingenfelter Performance Engineering supercharger on it for good luck - rumor has it that his Allison isn't holding up too well now. Once I'm built I intend on racing him at our local track. I hope word doesnt get out about my truck too soon so he's a little surprised.

BIGCUMMINZ -- The thing that everyone stresses is to strengthen your tranny first before the performance. I can atest to that. I'm running TST's PM3 Comp and on level 4 I start to smell burnt clutch. : I can't wait to bump it to level 9 on the track once I have the pulling clutch in there + injectors + twins + head work. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

brandon.

[link to ad removed by admin - no ads in the forums please]
Old 10-25-2003, 06:17 PM

I'm wrong. :-[ I heard it was an allison, but poking around the chevy site it says it's a 4L65-E. Here's a quote from the chevy team:

"Simply put, the L65 is a heavier duty version of the L60, which was the automatic found in the F-car, and currently, the Corvette and some light duty trucks. It's standard equipment in 6.0L truck applications, such as the Cadillac Escalade AWD, with an engine torque rating of 380 ft-lb (the 4L60-E's torque rating in the Corvette is 360 ft-lb)."

So, I stand (sit) corrected.

Either way, learn from other's mistakes: tranny first.

brandon.
Old 10-26-2003, 03:11 PM
ts

I KNOW HOW YOU CAN BEAT HIM! Both of you put a 10,000 pound trailer behind your trucks, then race him. You will blow him away. Keep in mind that's what your truck was made for, his was made for what you guys are currently doing. It's not apples to apples so tell him to get off his high horse and go race a new Ram SRT with a Viper V-10.