Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Which Box Should I Get Tst Comp Or Edge Comp

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Which Box Should I Get Tst Comp Or Edge Comp

I recently had a slight problem with my quadzilla xzt. It auctually went up in flames under my dash, and this was the 3rd one to quit working. I am thinking about the TST comp or the EDGE comp box. It is my everyday work truck and Im not affraid to work it! I fact monday i pulled a John Deere 4630 with duals, 1500lbs of weight, and fluid in the tires, the tractor itself weighed about 18,000lbs about 100 miles to my farm. From what I have read the TST makes more power but I like the proven dependablity of the EDGE, any help would be greatly wanted.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:07 AM

i have ran both and love love love my edge drag comp. the adjustability is so much better than the TST with smoother power delivery and better track times.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:24 AM

The TST needs an EZ or a puck to work well. I like my TST/EZ stack much better than my Edge Drag comp when I ran it. The throttle response and driveablity are better on my truck with the stack.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by lotero
i have ran both and love love love my edge drag comp. the adjustability is so much better than the TST with smoother power delivery and better track times.
Congrats on the September issue of diesel power!! Some say the TST is better when stacked with a puck or a ez, I allready have a puck and am running it now since the XZT went up in flames. I have read that a edge only sends the amount of fuel that it needs, so in turn it really dosent smoke a lot compared to others, is this true? Also how long did it take to get the drag version sent to you? I am interested in the most amount of power i can possiably get.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:32 PM
Banned

Well... I just put a Edge Comp on my truck and i smoke alot. And man iz it fast. One problem i I Need Tiers now....lol. Every one tells me Edge ALL THE WAY
Old 08-24-2007, 12:37 PM
BBA

IMO i would go TST....why....because i have two buddys with the exact same truck except for color and the one with the tst wins all day long and on a dyno puts down the bigger numbers plus the tst i know stacks well with a VA. Dont get me wrong though i have a comp myself and it runs really good. PLus the comp is cheaper.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by bwarning01
Congrats on the September issue of diesel power!! Some say the TST is better when stacked with a puck or a ez, I allready have a puck and am running it now since the XZT went up in flames. I have read that a edge only sends the amount of fuel that it needs, so in turn it really dosent smoke a lot compared to others, is this true? Also how long did it take to get the drag version sent to you? I am interested in the most amount of power i can possiably get.

thanks man, i ran a TST/EZ, TST/SMARTY, COMP, and DRAG COMP. i got my best times, best driveability and most fun factor with the DRAG COMP.. just my 2 cents
Old 08-24-2007, 01:39 PM

I'd say proven reliability goes to TST. They make their units with Milspec standards. Very seldom do you hear of a TST unit failing. Edge, especially lately, has had more than there fair share of issues. I have both and my opinion is the TST pm3 is more comparable to the Edge Comp. Drag comp is only an upgrade to give you more rpm (this is what Edge told me). If you are stacking either with a Smarty, you shouldn't need the Drag upgrade to the Edge.

I have all 3- Smarty, Edge Comp, and TST comp. I like the Smarty/TST best but I get the best power in the dyno letting the Edge to the timing and running Smarty even #. The Edge makes it smoke a ton more. I almost never run the Smarty on odd settings though. I've got a lot of timing with the HRVP as is. Timing rattle is reportedly "scary" on the dyno by bystanders with the Edge doing it along with the HRVP.

The Smarty along with either makes a much better combo for my truck. I just like the relibility of the TST box vs the Edge. I have an older Edge box and I have never personally had an isssue....they will never get mine back to upgrade....I'm afraid of them touching it now. I know of too many stories (some first hand with a friend) with issues on the Edge to feel very comfortable about owning one of their newer products though.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:10 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
My Edge box was replaced twice. I sold my 3rd EZ when I got the Smarty.

Imo, quality of Edge stuff dove when they moved production overseas. Their customer service was great-- new boxes with no questions asked.

But I prefer not to even need that kind of service-- no matter how good it is.

jmo
Old 08-24-2007, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by HOHN
My Edge box was replaced twice. I sold my 3rd EZ when I got the Smarty.

Imo, quality of Edge stuff dove when they moved production overseas. Their customer service was great-- new boxes with no questions asked.

But I prefer not to even need that kind of service-- no matter how good it is.

jmo
There stuff is not made overseas. It is made right here in utah.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:10 PM

OK, that's good rumor control. Thanks for setting me straight.

jh
Old 08-24-2007, 03:16 PM

I've been through there facility many times and seen how everything starts life. I also have some friends that work there. Tyco in logan builds circuit boards for them also. You believe what you want though.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:09 PM

Yea the drag comps fuel to 3200 instead of 2800, but i dunno it feels like 5x5 is alot more aggressive all the way through! what i forgot to mention about my edge box that i like so much is the adjustability on the sublevels in order to control smoke. the timing is nice too without having to stack. to run a TST alone=EGTS skyrocketing! they are reliable though and i have had problems with my edge box before.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:28 PM

When I had the quadzilla on I could hit 1600 degrees on hard accelerating. I know thats cooking but thats also why i put water/meth to it. I can now keep my EGT's controlable. If I were to run the TST I already have a power puck so I would try that to see how it would do. What problems did you have with the EDGE? Which box auctully smoked more, cause Its always fun to blow smoke on fords and chevys.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by sleds
I've been through there facility many times and seen how everything starts life. I also have some friends that work there. Tyco in logan builds circuit boards for them also. You believe what you want though.
Then I choose to believe you-- is that ok?

Quick Reply: Which Box Should I Get Tst Comp Or Edge Comp