Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Bought gauges, but........3x?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bought gauges, but........3x?

I bought a new mechanical Isspro fuel pressure gauge and I am going to mount it in the cab, someplace (yes, I want to put in a shut off in the line in case). I am not sure where yet, but I don't know if I want it in an A pillar pod. I will figure something out, but my question is -

What is the best way to tap into the fuel line and to run the line to the gauge ?

Exhaust Temp. gauge, (Glow Shift) is the same way. I just got the gauges and ET probe. No other mounting stuff or directions. What are some ideas or info for tapping, plumbing, and mounting ?

Boost is also a Glow Shift gauge, with nothing else. No directions or tips with this either.

I may have gotten a $crewing, and probably should have bought from a dealer, but these were all new and never installed and fairly cheap so far.

I have got a tranny gauge also, not sure what I will do with it as I have a 6 speed.

This is for a working truck, and I will never soup it up much. I just want to know what is going on while towing and want to put a chip in to help pull and with economy.

Any suggestions or ideas or parts list of what I may need would be helpful. I tried to get some ideas on past post but did not have much luck. So I am sorry to bring this up again for you guys that are on here regularly.

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:13 PM

For some reason it did not show what my truck is and I don't know how to fix it, but here is what I got-

2001, HO, quad cab, dually, 4x4, 6 speed, stock with a BHAF
Old 11-11-2007, 11:20 PM

Fuel line, get a tapped banjo bolt. You can either tap it yourself, or Geno's Garage sells them. Or there is a schraeder valve right on the VP, you can get an adapter to hook right to that to get your reading. Put the shut off here, so any leaks beyond it can be shut off. No good if you're leaking before teh shut off valve.

Pyro, drill and tap the rear side of the flange. #6 cylinder is usually the hottest on the 24v's, so you want to be able to read that on. Just before the turbo is the most common place. There are several ways on doing it, but by far the easiest is drill, tap with grease, then use a small telescoping magnet to clean out the hole before installing the pyro.

You can get a boost bolt that replaces a bolt on the intake cover, or as I did, just drill and tap the intake air horn. Easy and free. You can drill and tap on the bottom side, and it makes for a nice clean install.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:57 PM

Thanks Tate.
What do you recommend for plumbing and wiring ? Size and kind ?
I was thinking of installing a fuel pressure light also. Can a guy make one up himself, or does one need to buy the kit ? From the (poor) pics that I have seen, doesn't look like 30-60 bucks worth of stuff to me and I can't believe that it would be to hard to hook it up if I just new where.
Thanks.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:08 PM

Mr. Roper did you buy those glow shift gauges new or used? I was lookin at them on ebay. The pyro gauge didnt come with the gage wire that runs from the probe on the manifold to the gauge?
Old 11-12-2007, 07:43 PM

I will give you a PM and tell you about the deal I got.
I think the Glow Shift gauges are probably a good deal. They seem well built, but I have not used them yet, so I can't say for sure.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:43 PM

Fuel pressure light

Anybody made their own low fuel pressure light ? What all parts are needed and how did you hook it up ? I think that it would be a good idea to have one also, even with a gauge. Thanks