Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

bosch rv 275 injectors

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The part number for the Bosch RV-275 injectors is 0 432 193.

Steve
Old 06-16-2005, 09:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by tenmile
Is there a step by step of how to install the injectors so we don't screw anything up, or just wing it?

And yes, it's a D-Box to whoever asked.
Take the valve cover off (duh)

Remove the injector line nut and the line will push far enough away to remove them.

Take a small screw driver and pry the injector tube out a half inch or so, it will pop when the O ring clears.

Remove the front clamp bolt from the clamp, leave the rear bolt alone.

Lift the clamp off.

Take one of the valve cover bolts and screw it into the injector.

You can usually just put your hand around the bolt and squeeze and it will pop thye injector out, but you can pry on the bold head if necessary.

Important, make sure the copper washer is on the bottom of the injector, if not you have to fish it out of the bore.

Put the new one in lining up the tube depression with where the tube will go.

Make sure the copper washer and o rings are on properly.

Drop the new injector in.

Put the clamp back on and start the bolt, but loose enough to move with some pressure.

Slide the tube back in.

Snug up the injector line to position the injector.

Tighten the bolt on the clamp to the pressure needed. I use a 1/4 rachet, fairly tight.

Go to the next one.

One more thing, I don't have the part number here and have to go work but if you have an earlier model, ie 98, 99, early 00, you need to check the tube part number. If it is the earlier tube they need to be changed. Ahhh I'll go down and get the number of the right one.

It should have part number 3944833 stamped on the side. The early tubes were for one use only and crush, the newer tubes can be reused. I am sure you have the right tubes, but you need to check.

After you are done, leave the three injector lines that you can reach loose and crank it over till fuel comes out of all three. The engine may even fire some with them loose. Then tighten them up and start it. It will chug and miss like you screwed up for a minute or two till the air is all out.

If you need to you can pull one of the tubes and check the number before you go to install them and if you need the new tubes, stuff it back in and start it up, you won't have to bleed it with only one line.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:41 PM

I have a used set of these for sale in the classifieds. Ran these for about 10,000 miles with the D-Box. I had the box first and after the injector install I noticed an increase in milage and throttle response. Worked good for towing my four horse trailer with living quaters without egt issues. Great towing package! Went to Mach 1's for a little extra milage and power. As far as installing injectors, it takes any where as long as 45 minutes to two hours depending on mechinical experience, with a 19mm shorty its as easy as replacing the sparkplugs in todays modern cars! Rememer to lube the injector o-ring before installing and the rest is down hill. I started with #1 to get a feel for things and then went to #6 and worked my way forward, it gets easier that way!
Old 06-16-2005, 11:01 PM
Banned

I love my 275's. With the comp in EZ mode set on 5x5 I get great mileage. This last tank I drove no less than 80-90 mph (with a TON of races) and I still managed 15.6 mpg. Not bad if you ask me. I can't wait to see what this tank brings with "easy" driving.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:44 AM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
HID,

Thank you for the injector tube #.....I never would have thought of that when installing the 275's.....being that I have a 98.5, I'm sure I will need them. Other than some greater bottom end torque, I still don't see a big advantage in using 275's if a boost fooler and gate mods aren't done. Regardless, of the injector being used, the ECM will defuel to hold the boost at 20 psi. I have no doubt that the 275's will get up to 20 psi much quicker than the stock injectors, but the injector alone, will, in no way, change when the ECM chooses to defuel in order to manage peak boost. I don't feel the full power gains of RV275 injectors will be realized at 20 psi of boost. Even Haisley Machine is claiming some small power gains with the stock injector by adding the ADD to eliminate the defueling mode from taking place. I do notice a small power gain with my Comp turned off compared to stock as the boost fooler feature is still active without the Comp being turned on, and this is with stock injectors. I doubt that the original RV275 ECM is set to defuel at 20 psi or that it is gated at 20 psi......Although, I don't know, but if I were to guess, I would expect peak boost would be 22 - 25 psi on a RV275 compared to 20 psi on the 215 or 235 hp ISB's.